4 - Friendship?

News spread fast. The whole school was buzzing with the news of my uncharacteristic behaviour yesterday. Im Nayeon helping someone was enough to make everyone go in to shock, who wouldn't? I don't meddle with high school drama and to see me saving someone from being bullied is a rare sight to see.

It doesn't concern me though, what really caught my attention was Jeongyeon's situation. I remembered when she offered to drive me after we got locked in, she said something like the whole school would hate her more, and now I learned that she's being targeted by bullies. It got me thinking, does she get bullied often?

I was walking around the Japanese garden of the school when I heard a voice. I turned around to see a girl with short blonde hair that reached her shoulders, when she was near, I noticed that she was quite short. She huffed when she finally reached me and I remained still as I watched her curiously.

"What do you want?" I asked bluntly.

She grimaced a little before smiling, "Thank you for saving my hyung!" she bowed before showing me her dimples.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, "Excuse me?"

She blinked innocently before seeming to realise something, "I mean Jeongyeon," She smiled sheepishly, "Thank you for saving her from the bullies,"

I nodded when her words finally sunk in, "Hyung?" I inquired.

"Ah," She chuckled her dimpled cheeks showing, "It was an inside joke of ours, we're the no jam bros for our lame jokes,"

A faint smile then made its way to my lips as the short girl was too cute, "You're welcome..." I gestured for her name.

"Chaeyoung," She grinned, lending her hand out for a shake, "I'm Son Chaeyoung, nice to meet you,"

Why does her name sounds familiar?

I shook her hand, "Im Nayeon,"

"I know," She chuckled.

I nodded, "Well it's nice to meet you too, Chaeyoung-ssi,"

She was about to reply when someone called her name. We both turned to see Mina walking towards us, she gave us a small wave accompanied by her usual sweet smile. My casual mood then vanished, I was about to excuse myself to Chaeyoung when Mina cut in.

"Nayeon-ssi, I'm so glad to have found you," She smiled before bowing, "I just wanted to thank you for what you did yesterday-"

"There's no need for that," I said.

"Still, I wasn't there to-," Having enough, I cut her off.

"Look, I didn't do it for any of you," I snapped, my eyes glaring specifically at Mina, "Now, excuse me,"

I then turned my back on them for a quick escape. I sat on an empty  bench at the deeper part of the garden once I was away from them, I then released a heavy sigh...

"That was deep,"

I was like a deer caught in headlights as I let out a small squeal when I heard someone speak. Laughter soon followed and I didn't know what to feel first, scream at the girl who was doubled over on the ground laughing at me or just gape at her because this is the first time I see Jeongyeon laughing.

I quickly put up an irritated face when she finally composed herself, "What are you doing here? Are you stalking me?"

She chuckled, "And why would I do that, Queen B?"

I frowned at the name, "Whatever," I muttered, taking a step back to yet again, leave.

"Wait, sorry for laughing," She called out, "Honestly, I'm not stalking you though, I just happened to be here first,"