two • mercury

I must have been too caught up in the architecture that my enhancement seren didn't sense what was not a skyscraper, but instead an extremely tall girl with pin straight black hair, and a nose ring.  She was possibly 5'11 or so, at least enough to tower my small frame.

Just as I was about to step around her to avoid confrontation, she whipped around—sparks flying as her hand gripped my shoulder, hard.

"You're really not going to say anything? I think you really need to watch where you're going," she gritted through her perfect teeth.  Electricity sparked beneath her golden eyes, making it clear that she's an electrode.  Pretty rare and impressive—considering she can harness pure electricity without it burning her to a crisp. Her hand was sending small little bolts of lightning from where she gripped me, and my anger started to boil.

"I don't think there's anything to say to someone who's stupid enough to stand directly in front of the entrance, now if you would please excuse me," I said, not willing to be intimidated by her seren, as electricity now bounced off her skin and fingertips, sending tiny shocks from where her hand met my shoulder.

Oh, the absolute AUDACITY!

What made me more mad was the obvious joy she got from my growing discomfort from the inhumane electrical pulses she sent through my veins, as if she was trying to fry me like a burnt wire.

"And I don't think you know who you're talking to," she hissed as her grip grew tighter. My collarbone started to whine from the pressure.

"I'm pretty sure I'm talking to a hotheaded egomaniac. Now, if you would please let go of me and move, that would be fantastic," I snapped, trying to shake off her grip as another stronger shock jolted through me.

"Excuse? Me?!" she gritted through her bared fangs.

"I said, if you want to act like a rabid animal, you should get your disgusting paws the HELL off of me."

Avoid the crossfire, avoid the cross fire, do not do something you're going to regret, avoid the cross--pain flared through my body as she sent enough electricity through my veins to crack my bones and cause my knees to buckle.

"No one speaks to me like that," she spat as I crumpled with a small cry, "especially not a weak little bitch like you. I'd advise you watch your back," she seethed with malice giving me one more shock before she let me go.

It took every sense of control within me not to feel my fist collide with her jaw, but I'm here to avoid the spotlight, and that would be a sure way to get a target placed directly on my forehead.

I watched in burning anger as she strode inside. Ironic that I called her the hothead when my body temperature must have went up about ten degrees.

My cloak suddenly felt like it was suffocating me, but I knew I couldn't take it off without someone seeing my eyes and hair, and quickly suspecting, and speculating who I really was.

What the hell was her problem?!

I had to be more careful—careful with my hidden serens, my identity, my quick temper, and my even quicker mouth.

Relax.  What's better than socking her perfect face? Beating her at her own game.  And water... I really wanted water right now, my body seemed to have evaporated all moisture left in it. 

Except, with someone that dangerous; coming out on top might be harder than I thought, especially if everyone else here isn't afraid to hold back either.

Collecting myself with some steady breaths seemed to cool me off a bit as I headed inside trying to shake off the dull throb that ached through my limbs.  With every step I could still feel tiny jolts jumping through my body.  Rolling my neck and shoulders, I looked up and nearly dropped my jaw.