Chapter 18

A/N: This song reminds me so much of Aelin when she was an assassin. If you pay attention to the lyrics, some of them actually works in favor of Celaena.
"Girl with tattoos who like getting in trouble"
- Ahem, Watson? The girl is Aelin.
- No shit Sherlock.
____________________________________________________________

Aelin

"Maeve's Coming."

"Who's Maeve?" questioned Rhys.

My cold expression makes them back off a bit, while I don't bother changing my expression. They should be afraid of her. They all should be afraid.

"Maeve is Maeve. The Queen of Fae. My aunt." I hissed.

"If she's your aunt, what's so bad about her?" Feyre asked.

"How did you think I got all those whip marks?" I asked. They shouldn't be just talking. We have to prepare for Maeve if we're going to stay here.

The eyes of everyone in this room widened. When they had saw my mark, I had told them it was from training. That was technically true, though, on the good side of the truth.

I turned to Azriel, who was silently looking at me from the shadows. "Azriel, you should understand this at least. You've seen the countless ways people have treat each other, no matter their relationship. As a spymaster, you should have witnessed that." I stated.

When the others turned to him, Azriel slowly nodded his head.

" I saw that many powerful ruling families always had that one family member that will plot against them. I think in this case," Azriel said, gesturing to me, " Celaena is a very powerful person. Therefor, her aunt would want to get rid of her. Right?"

"Yes." I love it how Azriel is the only senseless person here that actually understands me. Then again, even I don't understand myself sometimes.

Rhys raised an eyebrow. "Are you admitting that Azriel's right? Or that your very powerful?"

I raised an eyebrow back at him. "Both, of course." I shot back.

"Oh really?" Rhys began to crack his knuckles. "Even more than me?"

I grinned, without the intention to do so. "Wanna bet?"

Again, Rhys was too stupid to notice the huge army of fae entering the Court of Nightmares. Even more so by ignoring the creepy weird crazy Queen.

A/N: Anyone else got a huge list of adjectives to describe Maeve? I'll add the most creative and accurate ones to this chapter.