Chapter 1

Daniel and I had just gotten our drivers license. We traded to see who got to drive to school. Daniel failed the first time. I mean anyone who knows Danny knew he was going to fail. I passed the first time. Which no surprise there. I love my brother though. He has always been there for me. He fought Tim when he had hit me in the fifth grade. He went after Natalie when she called me a whore. Natalie is my enemy but right now it my brother's best friend's girlfriend. She did it on purpose.

      Natalie has had a secret crush on my brother for the longest time. Anyone can see it. Nate decides to ignore it. Because why not? Natalie is a good prop for his arm. I hear Danny and Nate talking all about Natalie. How much Nate likes her. He doesn't. He hasn't even kissed her. I mean I don't care, but you can obviously tell. But as my brother and I drive to school we discuss the main topics of the day. Like if we are going to the gym to work out or not after school.

     I safely drove Danny and I to school. I have no idea why but our school had put us in pretty much the same classes. So I have to deal with Danny's complaining 24/7. Great for me right? School goes on as it usually does. Danny and I walk out of the school and see Nate and this other guy arguing. The guy which I now know name is David. Nate and David were screaming at each other. "You are coward. You know that? Be a real man and actually fight!" Nate's hands were in fists as he screamed at David.

  "Sorry Bro! She found a real man. Why do you think she left you?" David screamed.

"Shit bro," Danny mumbled under his breath.

   "You better take that shit back!" Nate yelled running up into David's face.

   David was starting to walk away. Nate came up and shoved David from behind. It all of a sudden started into a fight. Danny threw down his bag and I grabbed his arm and gave him a look. He better not fight. But he tugged me off and ran into the fight. The fight got into the road somehow. A car was coming down the street. I ran and pushed Danny and Nate out of the way as the car hit me I flew up on top of the car and smacked down hard. It felt like everything was crushed inside of me. The last thing I heard was my name being called by Nate and Danny.

   I woke up with the bright hospital lights shining in my eyes. I couldn't move because shooting pain was sent through my leg as I tried sitting up. I looked to the side. I had bandages around my body. My foot was in a boot and I could see different bruises all over. I winced in pain and my brother ran in the room.

       "El! You're awake!" He was right next to my bed in the matter of seconds.

    "Danny what happened?" I asked. I knew exactly what happened. His dumbass got in a fight and I saved him from getting hit. I want to know if he would lie to me.

  "You don't remember El? It was pretty bad. We were walking to the car after school we were watching a fight and a car came out and hit you because you were distracted." He lied right to my face. What a jerk!

   "Hmm I don't remember that. I recall you getting into a stupid ass fight and me pushing you out of the way since I love you so much!" I rolled my eyes at him and ooh did he feel it.

   "I'm sorry El. But you shouldn't have done that. I could've taken the hit." He grabbed my hand.

   "I want to protect you bro. Plus track means everything to you. Ya, I like it but I don't love it like you do." I smiled at him. He better pay me back. But I don't know just what yet.

    My mom and dad took Danny and I home after that long few days at the hospital. Danny stayed by my side though. He went to school got our assignments and gave them to me to work on. My wrist still hurt a little bit because I tried catching myself on the roof of the car. My parents are about to sue the person driving the vehicle pretty bad. My mom is amazing. People say I look like her or Danny and I do. But I wish I looked like my mom. Her skin was perfect, and her body was amazing. She was the ideal look for any girl. Me? I was the step down. The scrawny less prettier version of her. I mean it might be from the car crash, but it was like that before. I was definitely in her shadow.

       She was polite and well known in the area. Me, well let's just say I have one friend, and my twin brother. Never had a boyfriend, or anything and I'm 16. Sad right? Well either way maybe it's attractive to be able to look at a boy version of your girlfriend but I have no idea what is wrong with me. No guy has even shown interest in me. So guess I'm alone. For now. Or forever. But forever is so long.