Chapter 4

"Are you going to tell me what's wrong?" Nate was driving us home and trying to get me to talk about Danny and I. I was scared to tell him that Danny had freaked out because I don't want to lose Nate. Danny can share him. He's over all the time anyways.

"Later? I'm just starting to calm down because you are making me feel better. I just need to stop thinking about it right now." I smiled at him and nodded in reassurance.

We finally got home and Nate helped me get up the stairs and in my bed. I scored over for him to lay with me. "No one is home. Will you lay with me?"

"Of course El." He laid next to me and put my head on his chest. He was playing with my hair and I could feel myself falling to sleep. I woke up an hour later and Nate had fallen asleep too. I tapped him to wake him up.

"Hey gorgeous." He smiled as he woke up. He yawned and sat up. I sat up to and all I wanted was to kiss him.

"Nate? Is it bad that after you left yesterday I was sad and my heart hurt because I couldn't kiss you?" I tucked my hair behind my ear to hint at it. I bit my lip a little so you could barely tell but he would know.

"I felt the same way. It's crazy how I missed holding you." He leaned over and kissed me. It was long and drawn out. "So you don't hurt your back." He picked me up and set me on top of him onto his lap. I just kissed him and kissed him. I remember how great it was when he kissed my neck so I tried it out on him. He shivered and grabbed into my hips and just held them. He held my back again and kissed me so passionately. Nothing would change the way that I feel about him.

"El. Ugh. Please kiss me more. ugh. I need you to kiss me again. And again. I never knew how crazy I am about you until just now. I'm addicted to you. Ugh. El. Please." He was begging me to kiss him. He was so adorable. I kissed him again and he took it he passionately kissed me with every bit of emotion he had. I reached my hands around and hand my hands in his hair. He made me crazy. He made me feel wanted. Not the girl version of Danny.

We finally stopped kissing. After I just laid on him. "Danny isn't happy with me." I finally said.

"Why babe?" I don't know why but when he said babe it made my heart flutter.

  "I told him I like you." Nate shifted to sit up so he could look me in the eyes. 

   "Wait what?" He looked sad or scared.

   "Ya he said something about how you look like you like me. I asked him what would happen if he did and he just said I don't know. I asked him more questions and I told him I liked you and he yelled at me. Natalie found it pretty funny." I sighed I don't know why this is a big deal. I mean I don't care if he went out with Syd. I mean it would be different but I wouldn't care. I wouldn't argue with him about it though.

    "El. If Danny isn't okay with us. We can't be together." He grabbed my hand and squeeze it.

   "He will get over it." I shrugged it off.

   "El. I don't want to be the reason you two are fighting. If he's not okay with it I can't be with you. He's my best friend and your twin." He let go of my hands. No I don't want him to leave.

    "But what about our feelings for each other? What about that?" I grabbed his arm as he was trying to stand up.

     "El. Danny doesn't want us to be together. It would hurt me worse to be with you knowing I ruined your relationship with Danny." He pried my hand off his arm and tried walking away again.

   "Then What was I to you? Huh? Just one of your rebounds? What the hell Nate. You came to me to say you like me. Remember? What happened to this morning in the car or just now? Do I mean anything to you at all." I started crying. He played me. He saw an opportunity to leave and he will. "Am I hard to deal with? Am I too headstrong? What did I do wrong?"

   "El. You did nothing wrong." He held my face as I cried. He held onto my back as I tried to get sturdy. "But you're breaking my heart El. I can't be with you because Danny is my best friend and your his sister. I can't have him mad at me or you." He slowly let go and closed the door to my room. I collapsed in front of my door and sobbed. Nate left and I can't do anything about it. I don't remember the last hour or two. I was emotional exhausted. I heard Danny come  through the door. I picked myself off the floor and went back into my bed.

   "El?" Danny knocked on my door.

   "Get the hell out!" I screamed. I was crying again. I couldn't stop.

   "El. I'm sorry for getting mad earlier. I just don't want you to be with him." Ugh well he got his wish.

   "It's fine you don't have to worry about that now. Now go away!" I was so hurt. I had finally liked someone like when your heart flutters because you got a text from them. Or when you see the smile on their face when they look at you the first time they see you that day.

   "What do you mean El?" He opened the door a little bit. And came towards my bed. He sat on the end of it to where he was barely sitting on the bed.

  "He broke it off." I was crying again but quietly. Danny gave me a hug which felt nice.

   "It's for the best El." He patted my head. Did he really just say that?

   "It's for the best for you. Not for Nate and I. So don't say it's for the best when you have no idea how we feel about each other. Not like you see or care. You have your head too far up your own ass to even see. I should've let you get hit by that car and have your track career end. Because the way you love track. That is how I feel about Nate. I wish I could take that away from you so much right now. You have no idea what the hell you just said. But you are not the Danny I know. Don't get too far into your own damn head. I'm done get the hell out of my room and I mean it. I will throw this flashlight at you!" He left my room quietly like I had asked.

   I was crying the rest of the night. I had tried texting Nate but there was never a response. Nothing. Nothing at all.