Chapter 3

I had my headphones in listening to my music and my brother came in. "Hey El." He walked in slowly and looked around the room.

   "Hey Danny. What's up?" I asked taking my earbuds out. He smiled at me.

   "Nate came by right?" I was stone cold. How am I going to lie to my twin?

  "Ya he got me food and talked a little. He left a while ago." I smiled.

     "Ya I know I sent him here to apologize and explain it because I feel like you would be a little more sympathetic about Nate if he told you. Because the reason you were hit was because of that fight. And I want you to still like him." I mean if he wants me to like him he doesn't have to worry about that.

  "Oh ya. I mean I felt bad for the guy. He's a good guy Danny. He didn't mean for me to get hurt. No one wants anyone to get hurt. It was my decision to push you guys out of the way." I smiled and yawned. "I think it's best for me to get some rest. I get to come back to school tomorrow. In a wheel chair. So tell Nate that you and him are taking turns pushing me around the school."

  "Will do. But I'll sucker Nate into pushing you around." He winked at me. Does he want Nate and I to be together? No. Right? Maybe. There's a possibility. I just closed my eyes and let my thoughts sink  in. I can't believe that Nate likes me. Out of everyone.

He had just gotten cheated on by Natalie. Maybe he was rushing into something he isn't ready for? I'll have to ask him when he takes me home from school. I was in a wheel chair for my first day back since I broke my leg and my ribs still hurt.

"Hey Nate." I smiled at him and he smiled back. He had this face like he was about to give me bad news. "Nate? What's wrong?"

"Natalie. She's parading around with David. I don't like that she is doing that. We just broke up." I knew it. He's not over her. He kissed me.

"Ya, totally not okay." I wheeled myself to the other side of the car and got myself in. Nate just looked at me. Did I dream that he said he liked me when he brought me food? When he kissed me? Ugh this is why I was actually happy I hadn't caught feeling for anyone. The rest of the car ride to school was quiet. We had arrived at school.

"El. Did I do something wrong? Last time I saw you we kissed. What's wrong now?" He put his hand on my leg and looked in my eyes. This guy though. He was so damn cute and makes my heart melt.

"I just think it is best if we are friends. It will make things less complicated." I didn't want that. But he obviously still likes Natalie. I mean she is pretty, but bitchy.

"El, you don't want to be with me? Honestly? Because last time we talked you seemed like you wanted to be with me." He squeezed my leg a little and it sent butterflies through my stomach.

"Well you are obviously still wanting to be with Natalie. Because you said yourself it makes you mad that she is parading around with David. I haven't liked anyone like this Nate. I mean out of all people you should know I was never asked out. No guy has ever liked me. I haven't liked a guy like that until now. And the guy I chose just broke up with this bitch and is still hung on her." I spoke my mind without thinking and I sank into my seat.

Nate turned me to him. "I only said that because I want to parade around with you and I was seeing if you had told your brother yet. I don't care about Natalie. She is old news El. El I'm crazy about you. I was honestly crazy about you when I was with Natalie if you couldn't tell. I would stare you down and any time you saw me I said I was in a stare. You are so beautiful! You are so sweet, and funny. You get my humor. Natalie would laugh but you can tell she is faking it."He grabbed my face and looked me in the eyes. "You are the person I want. No one else." I was so scared he was wanting to leave but he didn't he wanted me. Do you know how good that felt?