Chapter 6

I had woken up with a bunch of lights in my face. I was in the hospital. I was drowsy and my eyes felt really heavy. I finally was able to open my eyes. I just laid sitting up in the hospital bed. I moved my hands around and sat up. I looked around thinking that I was dreaming. Was Nate sleeping on the little couch? "Nate?" I asked. It had to be a dream.

    "El? You're okay." He smiled at me. I was so confused my brother. Our fight. His fight. What happened?

   "Am I dreaming? That you're here?" I tried to pinch myself but I wasn't sleeping. I tried to sit up but then went straight back down because I was too dizzy.

"El stay down." He rushed up and made sure I was laying down. His hand was on the side of the hospital bed, I reached over for his hand.

"I know that you don't want me. I am sorry for pushing you when you wanted to leave things alone. I'm sorry I did this to myself. I was a mess over what had happened. I forgot. I took my pills and took a few more by accident. But I couldn't feel anything for a while. No heartbreak, no nothing." He stares at me. All he did was stare. He didn't even speak.

"El. I want you. You did not pressure me to kiss you. You did not do anything. You hear me? You did NOT do anything." Nate tightened his grip on my hands as I nodded. His hands were holding mine again. I felt a tear down my cheek. He reached up and wiped it off. I let go of his hands.

"We can't. I can't keep going back to you and you come back like this. I can't have you come back when I need you but any other time it's under my brother's control. I can't have a part of you. I want all of you. But I can't have all of you." I was crying at this point. Nothing to stop me now. Nate stood up next to the bed. He grabbed the side of my face and kissed me. I kissed him back. I was hungry for his kiss. I wanted it so much. When he had stopped I had pulled him back in not realizing what my brother had said. It was just me and him.

I stopped him. He looked at me like he was hurt. "El, I talked with Danny. He gave us permission. To be together. I know it has all been a rollercoaster but El. Will you be my girlfriend?" I smiled at him.

   "Yes! Nate. Yes! A thousand times yes!" I hugged him so long. He stopped the hug and told me to move over. He climbed in bed with me. I laid on his chest and eventually fell asleep because when he tickles my arm and plays with my hair I'm done for.

I woke up and Nate was sleeping also. Daniel was in the room watching us. "Hey, El. I'm sorry. I was being selfish. I shouldn't have been that way. I'm so sorry." He has his pleading eyes that sparkle. No wonder why mom would let him off the hook all the time.

   Daniel smiles at us. He was amused. I looked up at Nate and put my hand on the side of his face. He started smiling and opened his eyes and looked at me. My parents came in the room and smiled at us.

  "Are you feeling okay El?" My parents were scared. I could tell.

"I feel fine. I'm sorry for making you worry. You don't need to. I'm totally fine. Actually perfect." I was with Nate. How could I not be perfect? "The doctor said that your boot is ready to come come off but you should probably keep you bandage on your back and ribs." 

   "Okay. Will I be able to walk right? Or will I need something to walk?" I asked.

  "The doctors said either a wheel chair or you will need a walking cane with wheels to help you at first."

    "I can help you walk with the walking cane El." Nate offered. He smiled at me and I felt pathetic. I would need a cane to walk.

   "Okay I'll give that a try." The doctors came in a short time later and started taking off my cast. It was refreshing to have it off. Nate helped me out of the bed so he could take me home. He grabbed the cane and was holding onto it for me. I slowly stood up and  started walking. I hadn't walked in so long it felt weird. My body hurt so bad when I walked.