Chapter 5

Danny's pov

I had just heard my sister scream at me and I heard her crying hard in her room. I felt bad but he's my best friend. It would be weird if they would date and be all cuddly. Ew. I drove over to Nate's house and his parents welcomed me in and told me Nate was downstairs. I walk downstairs to see bottles of vodka on the floor.

"Dude! What the hell?" I screamed over the loud music. Nate spun around and hugged me.

"Bro. I did this for you. I hurt her though. We kissed for so long. So long. She is amazing. But you are my best fraaannd Danny. Bro you did this to meeee." He was talking about El. He was drinking his pain away.

"You kissed?" I wanted to know how he honestly felt about her. "I mean it's not like you like her that much. You just broke up with Natalie."

"No dude. I never really loved Natalie. Never had a connection with Natalie. I knew I love El while with Natalie. I was trying to get El out of my head. That's why I fought the guy because everyone would know I never really liked Natalie. When El was comforting me it was hard to keep the want I have for her. Her bandage broke so I wrapped it up and she took off her shirt so I could fix the tape. She is so pretty. Then I could feel her soft skin and I couldn't hold it in anymore. I kissed her. She kissed me back. She got upset when I mentioned Natalie and I love that she got jealous. She looks so vulnerable." I couldn't believe what I heard. He started crying.

"What if it makes our friendship complicated?" I asked to see what he was going to say.

"Dude it's already complicated. I am going to walk past her room and smell her scent. I'm going to want to be with her every time I see her. She's going to try and talk to me. I mean look at me man. I'm broken and over your sister. Your twin. I'm a hot ass mess and a horrible friend. I didn't mean to feel this way. If I could've controlled it I wouldn't have. I swear dude. I- I." He had passed out drunk. I left him a note that I left. I had to rethink this. I'm hurting both the people I love most. They are hurting. How will this work.

I had gotten home and walked to El's room. She had a journal out she always writes when she is mad. Which is kinda weird. But whatever floats your boat. I looked at her journal she had a picture drawn with her name in pretty letters with an addition sign with Nate's name and a heart around it. The next page was all about Nate.

Dear Diary,
I just had looked back at some of my recent journal entries realizing I've always had a secret crush on Nate off and on since 4th grade. I mean how could I not like him? He knows everything about me, is close with my brother (which counts as double point), and he's so sweet to me. I have always given my brother props for fighting battles I needed to be done, but I realize Nate has been doing it too. No wonder we fell together we both love Danny to death. I realized that I have to eventually get over these feelings for Nate. Nate left me even though I begged him to stay with me. I can't date someone my brother doesn't want me dating. I look up to him a lot. He's my best friend whether he likes it or not.

Love : Danielle

I screwed up man. I broke them apart. They are meant for each other. El's back is supposed to be pretty much healed in two days. I'll tell them I wang them together in two day. El could be held by him and not get hurt. I'm just thinking how am I going to pull this off? I should have him come over while El is home. Then I will have El waiting in my room already for big news then I'll leave after the get all mushy and shit.

How could I have been so selfish and blind to hurt my twin sister that loves me to death. I love her too obviously but how did I do that without feeling bad until now. She wouldn't be able to do that for a second. I mean she pushed me out of the way to be saved from getting hit. She pretty much would take a bullet for me. Yet I can't let her date my friend? That's not right Danny. Hopefully she will forgive me. I can't live without my sister. Or my best friend.