Chapter 18: You're Grounded

Amaya's POV:

"Henry."

"I'll start by fixing your bruises up."

*uses powers*

"I hope you don't wake up while I'm using my powers."

"Why would you make such a sacrifice for me? No one has ever cared enough to fight the toughest guy at school for me. Do you really like like me? I know I like you. Maybe someday I'll tell you the truth. I just hope that you don't get freaked out and I hate me."

*heals head injury*

"You should wake up in a few minutes."

"Hey Jason I finished my homework. I'm going to bed."

"Okay."

"Henry. Why would you ever like me? I know I keep getting mad at you about the Damian thing. I'm so sorry."

*suddenly door bursts open*

"Who are you talking to!"

*Henry wakes up*

"Henry!"

*hugs him*

"Where am I?"

"My house."

"Jason get put of here for a minute. I need to explain everything to Henry."

"No way!"

"You can deal with me later. I'll go downstairs after he leaves. And you can deal with me later."

"Fine!"

*he goes downstairs*

"Are you okay Henry?"

"Yeah. What happened?"

"The fight. The video was uploaded on our school web page dor students."

"Aw man."

"Don't worry you still looked goood."

"Don't make fun of me."

"Sorry."

*watches video*

"Your fighting style is insane. Its looks like Hawkgirl's almost. Where did you learn to fight like that?"

"I did Martial Arts for 5 years and Karate when I was little." I lied

Truthfully my family. Along with the powers we are born with amazing fighting skills. We are more fortunate than most.

"How'd I get here."

"I brought you here. I have great medical skills. I healed you."

"You said I couldn't ever go to your house."

"Yeah that was the truth. I'm gonna be in big trouble after you leave. But I don't care."

"Why?"

"I really care about you. I know there will be punishments later. Jason's a jerk."

"I'm so sorry."

"Its not your fault."

"I better get you out of here."

"I know how to make you feel at least a little bit better."

*kisses her*

"You're right. I feel a little bit better. I have a feeling that my problems with Damian and his friends will get worse."

"You worry to much. I wasn't prepared for today. But if he tries it again. I'll do better."

"I know."

"Bye."

*he climbs out of the window*

* walks down stairs*

"Hi Jason."

"Amaya. We need to talk."

"I told your mother my reasons and she agrees. You're grounded."

*I look at my mom. She nods her head in agreement.*

"Why?"

"Let's see..."

"1. Being gone from the house all day until 2 hours after your mom gets home from work. 2. Sneaking in late. 3. Lying about your whereabouts. 4 hiding a boy in your bedroom.5 Being at this boys house especially without asking. 6 sneaking out late. 7 getting into a fight. Shall I continue?"

"No, that's enough."

"Give me your phone."

"What?"

"You heard me"

*makes angry face*

*gives him phone*

"No tv. No friend's houses. No party on Saturday. And finally. No Henry."

"But Jason."

"No leaving the house except for school"

"Fine. I'm going to bed."

Oh great. I let my guard down. Now the whole school will know that I'm Hawkgirl. And so will our whole town. I should have listened to mom. I should've been more careful. I can't believe that mom agrees with him.

I asked if I was allowed to watch the news in the morning. He said fine.

*morning*

*gets dressed*

*packs backpack*

*goes downstairs*

*turns on the news*

"Captian Man and Kid Danger captured the Zom-Bees."

"Eww. Little bees that fly in your ears and feed on your brains."

*later that day*

"Henry I got grounded. I will go to that party. I may get grounded for longer. But in the end it's worth it."

Why do his eyes have a look of concern for me every time I look at them.

*later*

*Captian Man calls*

"Hello Captian Man. "

*I say answering from Hawkgirl's phone*

"Can you help us crash a little child's party? Because there is a finata full of Zom-Bees?"

"Sorry the woods people of Amber are having a robbery at their banks."

"Oh sorry. Call you next time."

"Bye."

Ugh. I've never been so bored. I was asking for as much extra homework as possible. Which wasn't very much.