Chapter 19: The Dance

Henry's POV:

I wonder what's up with Amaya. She's not answering my texts. Maybe Kid Danger will see her at the Swellview sign. I'll try calling her again.

Amaya's POV:

How can he be so controlling. I'm 15 what does he expect from me. I wish I could just live with my father. Jason is warping my mother. No one will see it my way of course.

I feel so helpless and lost. My dad always knows how to make me feel better. When I was little we'd sing songs as a family. When I was sad. We would go on trips to interesting places. I don't know why it all had to end. The day Jason came into my life had to be the worst.

I have major anxiety now. Always worried. On edge. I wish I could talk to Kid Danger or Charlotte. They are my closest friends.

*uses the Hawkgirl phone*

Hawkgirl: Sorry that I've been so busy lately. I hope that you and Captian Man aren't mad.

Kid Danger: Oh not at all

Hawkgirl: Thank goodness. I'm gonna investigate the wildfires more after I get less backed up by the woods people. They said that they would start sending more heroes to the woods. Because there are more.

Kid Danger: Bye

Today is the party. I'm going even if I'm not allowed. I know it may upset my mom. I don't care if it upsets Jason. The phone I use for my Hawkgirl duties is the phone my dad gave me. He knows about it. I made an oath to my mom. I broke it. she was mad for weeks. He has powers because of marriage to her. Jason and her had a normal ceremony. He has no powers and doesn't know that we have powers.

"Amaya!"

"Yes mom?"

"I need to talk to you."

"What?"

*closes door*

"And why did you agree with Jason's Reasons. Most of them were stupid."

"I had my own reasons for me grounding you. And that's exactly what I wanted to talk about.

"What did I do wrong?"

"You are being careless with your powers."

"You're grounded because...
You are transforming in public
Sneaking off at night.
Skipping school to fight crime.
And the real reason. You got grounded. You risked your secret Identity. The way you fought. No normal person can fight like that."

"I have an alibi."

"I don't care. How could you be so reckless. Obviously I was wrong about you. Maybe you're not ready."

"Mom it was one mistake."

"Yeah. And in ine mistake any bigger than that the world could know that you're Hawkgirl. I'm revoking the Rune."

"Please give me another chance."

"No. Give me the necklace"

*knowing that I'm not gonna win I give her the necklace. And my powers.*

Because I'm a minor.(not 18) If the necklace is taken. So are my powers.

"You can see yourself to the door."

I know what I said was so mean. But I don't care. She took away my powers. That's wrong. I can't fly. Create potions quick. Use beams. At least I was born with the amazing fighting skills I have. And I still have the costume. Although. What good is it now.