Make It Home

"August I'm scared," I cry as we stand on the porch of my parents home.

He looks at me with soft eyes

"You got this," he responds kissing my temples.

I smile a pull down my pink cotton dress some more. August had on a flowered button up and his smart glasses. I lightly touch my lips to his and then rig the bell. I couldn't wait to get home so I could rip the button off of his hard abs and body. The door pulls open breaking my thought, and I see my dad standing before me in a light grey button up and black slacks.

"Hey dad," I say giving him a hug.

"Hi sweetheart. Hello son," he regards August shaking his hand.

"We brought cupcakes," I reply handing him the foil pan filled of handmade cupcakes.

"Thanks. How about you to take them in to your mother? "

"Okay," I say stepping into the place I used to call home. I look back to my father and August and see they're not following me.

"Go ahead. I was just on my way out to get ice, August you'll accompany me." I look between both of them unsure. "We'll be right behind you," my dad encourages.

I smile and walk into house. It smelled of pork chops and mash potatoes. Home. My mother sips a glass of wine at the table as she mashes the potatoes.

"Hi mom," I say awkwardly.

"Jada?" she ask confused. I nod and she smiles. "Your father told me we were giving company. but never said who. How are you?"

"I'm great actually. How about you?"

"Perfect now that you're here."

I blush and suck up my pride saying what I came here to say. "Mom I'm sorry. I was out of place and rude. No matter what you're my mother and just want the best for me.'

"No Jada. Don't apologize. I was wrong you're at a 22 year old woman and I had no right to, but in your life like that."

I smile softly at her. The most proud woman in my life, no the most proud person in my life apologized. "Thank you mom," I say walking over to her and hugging her. She softly strokes my hair as I lay my head on her chest. The warmth of her embrace fills me as we hug. "And mommy?"

"Huh."

"I'm pregnant," I whisper.

Her eyes go big as she pulls me in to a stronger grasp. "We're having a baby!!" She yells loudly into my left ear.

"We're having a baby," I repeat softly.

---

August's POV

"Walk with me son," Jada's dad says to me after Jada walks into the house.

I follow behind him quietly. Digging my hands further into my pockets. "So I googled you," he sternly. "Listen to some of your music and I noticed something about your music."

I try and hold my laughter back. What could he notice about my music, that I didn't already know?

"And you talk a lot about one night stands. Having sex with multiple girls and breaking hearts. Are you going to do that to my Jada?" he questions and this time I actually start laughing. Loudly at that. "What's funny Mr. Alsina?"

"Is that the only thing you noticed about my music? Because I talk about my struggle and how growing up in New Orleans was hard for a brother. But all ya see is the damn negatives."

I respond angrily. He looks at me shocked by statement. " I know I'm not the best guy in the world. I've broke a lot of hearts, but not one of them girls was confused when they started messing with me. Jada know what she signed up for when she started messing with me too." I try to get back to his original question, but it again sounds more like a jerk statement.

"Wow you're more of asshole than the media makes you out to be."

"Please I ain't no asshole. I'm real. I believe in everything I say. Because I say what's true. I say what's up. Ya so used to see someone being fabricated and fake that when you meet a real nigga, such as myself you wanna call me an asshole or a dick or jerk. But I'm just being me just speaking facts. I'm just being  me and anybody that can't except that needs to jut get out my damn life." I declare and he doesn't say anything else. "Listen I'm sorry that came out kind of dickheaded," I respond truthfully.

A common problem I don't think before I speak and that's the main reason the media calls me and asshole and a dickhead. Cause I say dickheaded shit. Even when I'm not trying. Even when I just want to express myself in the best way I know how.

"I love your daughter and would never intentionally hurt her. That being said I can't make any promises either. Cause my momma always told a promise is a comfort to a fool, and I know you ain't know fool. All I can say is I'll try. A lot men these, lemme change that boys claim they ain't never gonna cheat or break a girls heart. And that's just what they do, then they look stupid cause they made a damn promise. I ain't gonna be one of them fools."

"You got a real old soul August. I ain't hear somebody say a promise is a comfort to a fool in a while." He says through he chuckle. "You and my daughter are gonna be great parents."

A/N: Thought I should add in a scene with Jada's dad and August. Some of things August said I stole directly from interviews of him, so I feel like this chapter is REALLY in his POV. But maybe I'm just bugging, but anyways vote comment share if you like the book. It coming to an end soon there's bout 20 chapters left. 20 drama filled chapters so stay tuned But anyways Mo out ✌