chapter 3

“how did you find me?” I whispered, my face buried in his neck. The sweet, sweet smell of his cologne mixing with my perfume. I shut my eyes tight taking in this moment before it got taken away from me again.

“shh baby I'm here” his deep voice soothing my worries. I stared up into his beautiful eyes. These moments were what I lived for. When it was just me and him, nothing stopping us from seeing each other. Even if it was just in my sleep.

In my sleep

No!

I jolted awake to immediately start crying. He was gone, that was it. I stared out the window at the full moon smiling slightly to myself. “next month” I softly whispered, knowing he couldn’t hear me but still hoping there was some way he could.

I could never tell anybody what I was, or about him. For a starters nobody would believe me but having someone to know what I was going through would make this a million times either. Hes been with me since the start of time, literally, only to be pulled from my arms. We were dangerous together but we were soul-mates. Nothing could come between us. But its only in those few moments we get to meet each other in our dreams that I believe that.. maybe I'm growing, up or maybe somethings different this life but I feel less dependant on him.  Maybe they're finally getting what they want.

Glancing at the clock beside my bed I groaned. 6 am on the first morning of the summer holidays and there's no way I can get back to sleep. Pulling myself out of bed I sorted through my doors and chucked on the first t shirt and shorts I found.

Creeping silently down the stairs I gave myself a small pat on the back and chuckled a little too loudly at the thought that I could be a spy with these skills.slipping out the door I pulled my trainers on and set off towards no where in particular.

After ambling along,lost in my own world I came across a gorgeous almost mansion like house. Checking to see if anyone was around I walked up the driveway as silently as I could with the feeling that something was drawing me to it. When I finally reached the front door I stood there feeling foolish. What the hell did I think I was gonna do? Just as I was about to turn around and head back the way I came I heard a scream coming from inside.

By now my sensed where on full alert and I did the only thing that came naturally to me. Flinging the door open and breaking the hinges of it as I stomped inside I took in the sight before me. Bodies. So many bodies. Littering the floor, the pool table, there was even a corpse sitting on the couch that the untrained eye would still look alive but I knew better.

Keeping my guard up I walked cautiously towards the centre of the room. Taking a moment to gather myself I closed my eyes and listened carefully for any beating hearts. Nope. All dead. Heading over to the corpse sitting on the couch I inspected what had caused the death. I traced my fingertips over to puncture marks on their neck and gasped.

“vampires”