Chapter Eleven

When they got back to the Helicarrier, Blossom dragged Steve to a recovery room to clean him up. She sat him down on one of the benches and poured some water into a bowl from the small washroom. She grabbed a towel from the washroom and dipped it into the water before wiping his face down gently. She kissed his cheek softly and worked off his gloves.

"Hold tight. I'll go get you the change of clothes from your room." She said, and he smiled.

"You don't have to. I can get them later."

"No, you need to get cleaned up and then you need to rest. That's an order, Soldier." She said, smiling a little. Steve shifted so he was laying down on the bench, and Blossom hurried out of the room. She ran down the halls to the rooms where everyone was staying for the time being. She entered Steve's room and rooted through the drawers until she found the plaid shirt, tan pants, and dress shoes he showed up in the first day. She left his room and went back to the recovery room, where she was pleased to Steve, following orders.

"I'll leave you to get changed, and then I'll come back if you want me to. If you need time to yourself, it's understandable. Just yell if you need me." She said, and she skirted out of the room. Steve smiled a bit as he pulled himself up off of the bench and pulled off his suit top. He replaced it with the plaid shirt, and he discarded his suit pants for his tan pants. He put on the shoes, and he went to lie down again.

"Ma'am, you can come back in." Steve called, and Blossom entered slowly. 

"How do you feel?" She asked him, and he leaned up to look at her.

"It could be worse, trust me. But, I'm glad it's over. I can... you know... see you again, right? After this is officially over? Because, I'd like to take you out for dinner or something." Steve said, and she smiled.

"Of course, if you truly wanted to. I will be taking residence in New York. A less damaged part of New York." She answered, and he nodded. 

"On that note, could I please take you out on a date?" He asked her, and her cheeks gained a little color.

"Oh, um, sure. I mean, yes. Yes, that would be lovely." She said, taken back. Joining S.H.I.E.L.D never left a lot of time for the whole dating thing. Blossom had forgotten what flirting was, or she was just never good at it. 

"And, ma'am, it would be a pleasure if I could, um, kiss you again. I mean, if it's okay..." Steve trailed off, and Blossom sat on the edge of his bench.

"Soldier, shut up and kiss me. That's an order." She said.

"With pleasure ma'am." He said, leaning up a bit more and meeting her halfway. Blossom grabbed his shirt collar and pulled him up a bit. His eyes widened as her arms wrapped around his neck, and he gently rested his hands on her waist. His eyes closed slowly, and he eased into the kiss. When they pulled away, there was a sparkle in her eyes. 

"I feel so privileged." She said softly, and Steve tilted his head slightly.

"Why is that?" He asked her, and she kissed his cheek.

"I got to kiss Captain America. That's incredible." She said, smiling. Steve laughed, and he held her close. She rested her head on his chest, and he rubbed her arm gently. 

"Where will you be living?" He asked her some time later. They had been enjoying each others company in silence, sharing a small kiss every once in a while.

"In an apartment in a safe part of New York. I'll give you address and my cell number. Just, give me a call or swing by." She said, and he nodded. 

"Agent B, report to the control room immediately. You are needed." Maria said in Blossom's ear piece. She stood up reluctantly, and steve looked at her.

"I need to go. I'm needed at the bridge. I'll see you later?" She asked, and Steve stood as well. 

"Of course. I'll see you tonight, for dinner." He said, and she smiled. He cupped Blossom's face with his hands and kissed her softly. He moved his hands to her waist, and Blossom rested her right hand on his left cheek. The world around them seemed to vanish, and she forgot about her meeting at the bridge. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door frame, and the two jumped apart.

"Sorry to split the lovebirds up, but there's been a change of plan. You're both needed at the bridge." An angry James's voice said. He left the doorway, and Steve glanced down at Blossom. She smiled, and he reached for her hand. They left the room together, holding hands. Everyone looked at Blossom in astonishment. She and her sister were some of the toughest agents around, making history, and yet they had time for love as well? They got to the bridge, and Fury stood with Maria, and she was smiling a little.

"Glad you could join us. Agent B, I have a surprise for you and Maria. I am making the both of you the Heads of the New York Division." Fury said, and Blossom's jaw dropped. She let go of Steve's hand, and Maria ran forward to hug her sister. She hugged her back, and they laughed.

"Can you believe it?" Maria laughed, and Blossom shook her head.

"Never in a million years. This is incredible!" She said, and they hugged again. When they pulled apart, the two women regained their usual serious natures, and Steve placed his hand on her shoulder.

"Congrats, Agent B. You've earned it." He said softly, and she turned to look at him.

"Thanks, that means a lot." She smiled, and he hugged him tightly. He hugged her back, smiling a little. He looked up at Fury, and Steve took that as a nonverbal dismissal. In one swift motion, he swept Blossom off of her feet and set her over his shoulder. She laughed and started to smack his back, and she gently hit him with her fists.

"Put me down Rogers! Put me down!" She squealed. He carried her back to his room and set her on his bed gently.

"What is the meaning of this?" She demanded, standing up. Steve would've found her intimidating.... if she didn't only come up to his shoulder. He chuckled and sat on the bed, and he pulled her onto his lap. She squeaked, and he laughed softly.

"Congrats, again. I know you'll do a great job. I just hope it won't put a damper on our date." He said, laying down with her still in his arms. Her head was on his chest, and her hands rested on his chest as well.

"Never in a million years Steve." She whispered, leaning up to kiss him softly. 

As they kissed, James walked past the room in an angry huff. he had heard everything, and he decided to put an end to it all. 'Never in a million years Steve. It should be never in a million years James. I'll change her mind.'