0.5 || masquerade shenanigans

Max hadn't seen Tuuli all day. They had parted their ways in the shopping centre to look for a dress and a suit for the masquerade ball they were going to attend tonight. He had called her after a couple hours, he had already found a suit and she was still busy wandering through all the stores. She said he shouldn't worry and let her be, but of course he was slightly worried. Tuuli was hesitating between two dresses, a stunning dark blue one and a silver one, almost each other's opposites. "I think the dark blue one is gorgeous. In combination with your eyes and your white grey hair". The lady of the shop said. She made Tuuli stretch her arms and adjust the material a bit around her waist. "You have the perfect body for this, honestly". She said now and Tuuli almost felt shy.

"Okay, I'm just going to say that I'm going to take this!". The Estonian said, stopping her doubts. "Great". The lady smiled and let her move back into the fitting room to take her dress off. A mask was added to it, the same blue colours swirling over it, glitters and diamonds added and feathers around it. It was stunning. Tuuli sighed and got back into her jeans and her sweater, slipping her feet into her shoes and taking the heels in one hand, the dress in the other. The selling lady took it from her, so she could take her bag and her jacket to the check out. Tuuli took out her card to pay and watched how the dress was nicely wrapped in some see through paper and sprayed with some perfume. It was folded into a box and then she handed her the big bag. "I'm sure your date will be wide eyed". She smiled.

Tuuli looked up with a chuckle. "It's just a friend". She replied, making the lady smile again. "They all say that". Tuuli laughed and shook her head, thanking the lady before walking out. She held the bag in one of her hands while typing a message to Max that she was getting back to the hotel with a taxi. She thought about taking the underground, but Tuuli was pretty sure she'd get lost and end up on the other side of New York, so she simply hauled a taxi and rambled the name of the hotel to the driver. It costed her just twenty bucks anyway. Max just got out of the shower when Tuuli hoisted her big bag through the door. Max looked up at her, wearing only a towel around his waist. "Hey, sexy". Tuuli shamelessly said and it caused him to laugh, eyeing the enormous bag she was carrying.

"Where are you going? A wedding?". He joked, trying to peak into the bag, but she snatched it away. "Yes, Tom Hardy went down on one knee for me yesterday". Tuuli replied while she zipped down her jacket. "Nice". Max grinned and sat down on the bed briefly. Tuuli knew he was about to get dressed up, so she'd give him some privacy soon. She looked over at him when he had his phone in his hand and his thumbs rapidly moved over the keyboard. She wasn't kidding when she said that he was sexy. Because Max was. Especially shirtless. She could think about that? Couldn't she? "I'm taking a shower. Don't look in the bag while I'm away!". Tuuli warned, lifting a finger at him and he chuckled. "Go, before I'll wear the dress myself". He replied and she sped into the bathroom. The mirror was still a big foggy from his shower and she rolled her eyes when he hadn't opened the window.

She reached out to put it slightly ajar and then let the water run to become warm. She closed the lid of the toilet and left her underwear there. Tuuli was glad she could warm up underneath the water. It was cold in New York, the snow was still there and every now and then it was very windy. Nevertheless, it didn't stop her enthusiasm and the great time she had here. Tuuli washed her body and got out when she was done, wrapping her body up in a towel and starting to blow dry her long hair. She brought a curler as well, so as soon as it was dry, she gently curled her hair to let it wave down her shoulders. Tuuli pulled some clean underwear on and sneaked outside of the bathroom to take the bag of her dress with her. "You didn't look, did you?". She asked and Max lifted his eyes to hers, slightly blushing when she saw she was only in her underwear.

"You treatened me to do not, so of course I didn't". Max replied and she smiled slightly before moving back into the bathroom. Max looked at the door closing, he didn't hear the lock of the door twisting. He wondered if it was because she trusted him that he wouldn't suddenly come in, or she wanted him to be able to help her whenever she needed help. He just found it a comforting thought that he didn't have to break down the door if she passed out in the shower or whatever. Max knew it could take a while before Tuuli would come out of the bathroom. If she was doing her makeup for an event, she was doing a full face. Foundation, eyeshadow, highlighters, more products he had no idea of what they were and how they worked, but Tuuli could use the simplest thing with the slightest pigment and turn it into a Van Gogh painting on her face. He had never seen her in a dress, not even at the launch of the car for the last season. Perhaps a summer dress on her instagram, but that was the only time.