1.3 || carpe noctem

A/N: Carpe noctem means 'seize the night' in latin :)

     "So, where are we going?". Max almost threw his phone over the balustrade of the balcony when Tuuli suddenly stood behind him. "The hospital because you just gave me a heart attack". He placed his hand over his rapidly beating hard. "I almost threw this down, Tuuli!". He said and she tried not to laugh at his outburst. "Almost, but you didn't". She replied, looking up at him. Tuuli looked refreshed and well rested, which made him feel better as well. "Don't sneak up on me again, will you?". Max asked, poking her side and she squealed. "Or else?". Tuuli giggled and howled when he picked her up from the ground, taking her to the bed and tickling her sides till she was crying with laughter. "We're going on a night hike. When we reach the top, you'll see the most beautiful sight ever". Max told her when he was done tickling her and he just hovered over her on the bed. "And then have dinner afterwards?". Tuuli asked, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Whatever you want, princess". He grinned and she rolled her eyes, nevertheless smiled and accepted the kiss he pressed to her lips. She felt her cheeks turning a bit pink and she quickly sat up when he let her go. Tuuli moved to her suitcase and got her jeans and a shirt out, also a denim jacket to wear over it as it would cool down in the evening. "Your mother texted while you were asleep, so I replied to her to let her know we're fine". Max mentioned when she got dress and she nodded when she pulled her shirt over her head and got her hair out. "She was worried again?". Tuuli smiled, knowing how worried her mother could be. "A bit". Max chuckled and leaned against the door while he watched her collect her long hair at the back of her head and tied it up in a pony tail. She didn't put on a any make up, and it never failed to amaze him how beautiful she was.

Max held her bag up for her and she smiled at him in a thankful way when she took it from him, swinging it around her shoulders as they made their way to the elevator. He briefly went to the reception of the hotel and asked for the car to be driven up to the front, which was done in a couple minutes. He held the door open for Tuuli and she sat down as he walked around the car to take his seat behind the steering wheel. "I can't wait to make pictures on the hike". She said while she took her camera briefly out of her bag to clean the lenses. He smiled when he looked over at her, taking a left on the crossroad to drive towards the other side, the mountain side, of Phoenix. The sun was setting and it gave the most beautiful sight when they drove over the highway. "Christian called as well". Max mentioned and she looked over at him with raised eyebrows. "What for?". She asked.

"First to ask how you were doing and then if we could be in Barcelona at the tests, at least the second week". Max said. "We can, that was in my planning". Tuuli replied while nodding. "Just San Fransisco and Los Angeles left and then we can fly back". She smiled, although she was also sad they had to go back, but that was life. Tuuli was still working for Red Bull after all and she couldn't just not come to her job. And Max absolutely couldn't miss the testing days. "They already tested the testing livery with Pierre on Silverstone, you designed that livery as well, right?". He grinned when he looked over at her. "Maybe". She suppressed her smile when she looked out of the window. "I wish Red Bull would keep one of those liveries, even though I like the consistency of the red and blue too". Max admitted. "The testing livery looks great, not too freaky. I bet a lot of fans are asking them to keep the official livery like that". She laughed.

"They did". Max nodded, he had scrolled through the comments on instagram for a bit. "Anything from Pierre?". Tuuli asked and he nodded again. "We texted a bit this afternoon, he said the car felt okay. He had an early flight to Nice with Christian, else they wouldn't be awake". He laughed, referring to the seven hour time difference between the two countries. "Sleepless nights from the car already". She teased and Max chuckled. The ride to the hiking trail took about half an hour and Max could park it on the terrain. It was a bit more windy here, but still not cold. The sun had been shining all day and it had reached a temperature of almost 29 degrees today. Tuuli swung her backpack over her shoulders again and joined Max when they walked to the check in to buy tickets. A lot of tourists were here to join one of the hikes. There was one for beginners and the more advanced one, which took a bit longer as well.