05

Jaehyun's P.O.V

It had been eight months, eight months since I left Doyoung and my other patients. Every damn day I missed that place, especially Doyoung. I knew it was wrong but I missed hearing his voice, seeing his beautiful eyes. I felt bad about leaving him so suddenly and my other patients. It was hard to go, I hope he's doing okay, sometimes I have nightmares about Taeyong hurting Doyoung, I wished I could protect him. I sighed as I sat in my new office and typed notes on my computer. It hasn't been bad here, not at all. The staff was nice and caring and my patients liked me. One of my patients, Mark, did stab me with scissors once, so now they were in my drawer instead of my pencil holder. He didn't mean to hurt me, he was just angry and thought I was going to lock him up. Good kid actually. He just has anger from issues in his family and doesn't know how to control it. I grabbed my coffee cup and took a sip, I felt my phone buzz in my pocket and took it out and looked at the caller I.D. It's my landlord. I answered it and balanced it between my shoulder and ear. "Hello?" I said.
"Hello Jaehyun, this is your landlord" he said.
"Hello, is there something wrong?" I asked.
"No, but um how do you feel about having a flatmate?" He asked. A flat mate? Doesn't sound too bad. I get lonely at home alone.
"That's alright, I don't mind" I said and he sighed in relief.
"Good, I'm running out of rooms."
"Male or female?" I asked as I continued to type.
"Male, he's very nice. You'll get along" he said.
"That's good."
"Anyways he should be there before you get off work. Sorry for bugging you" he apologized.
"It's no problem, have a nice day."
"You too" he said and then hung up and I put my phone back in my pocket. I wonder what he is like, hopefully we get along. I checked the time on my computer, I'm off in an hour, my last patient should be here soon. I saved the file and shut my laptop and waited, soon there was a knock on the door and the patient was escorted in. I smiled warmly and walked over and sat in an armchair across from the male.
"How are you feeling Taeil?" I asked. And the session started with that, after 50 minutes later it ended and I waved goodbye. I packed my laptop and headed out locking the door behind me, I waved goodbye to the nurses and left. I walked to the parking lot and headed home.

I sighed and nervously bit my lip. What if he doesn't like me? I unlocked the door and shut it behind me, I walked in and slipped off my shoes and put my doctors coat on the coat rack and loosened my tie and unbuttoned two buttons and took a deep breath and walked further into my apartment. I saw a few boxes and then saw a plant on the countertop, it looked oddly familiar. "I kept my promise" I heard someone say and I tore my eyes away from the plant to look in front of me to see him walk out of the room. He was dressed in a white sweater and black jeans and fuzzy socks. He crossed his arms and I felt a shiver go up my spine as he stared at me with piercing eyes. "I'm a bit upset that you couldn't keep yours, you promised to be my friend once I left the hospital right? But instead you left me" he said and I felt my heart being squeezed as I looked at him. I stared at him with wide eyes, he looked handsome as ever. "You know I had to stay with my parents for a month after I got out? It sucked. Taeyong tried to see me, he tried to touch me, but my brother managed to get him away. You know, my new therapist was a lady, she was nice. But she didn't help me like you-" I started walking towards him and he looked at me funny and suddenly I wrapped my arms tightly around him and started to cry. He didn't say anything but after a few second he hugged me back.
"I'm so sorry D-Doyoung, I'm so sorry" I said and buried my face in his neck and cried, my tears staining his shirt. I breathed him in, I longed for this. I knew it was wrong but it felt right.
"Why did you leave?" He asked softly and I clutched his sweater.
"I-I..." I let out a sob. I felt guilty for leaving, I really did.
"You can explain later" he whispered and he ran a hand through my hair. I lifted my head and wiped my eyes.
"D-did you lie about feeling better so you could get out?" I asked worried and took my arms off of him. He shook his head no.
"The medicine helped" he said and then took one of my hands and held it.
"I'm so glad you feel better" I said with a smile and wiped my eyes again. "Let me make dinner" I said and gently pulled away.
"Okay" he said and walked to the kitchen with me and watched as I took out a few ingredients.
"How have you been Doyoung?" I asked.
"Better" he said and I smiled. "You?" He asked and I looked away.
"Honestly, I've been sad ever since I left. I feel guilty" I said.
"You're here now," he said with a smile.
"Did you find me?" I asked and he shrugged.
"I didn't mean to, I needed some place to live and contacted the landlord and he suggested a flatmate, it just happened to be you." He said. I started to cook. "Do you need any help?" He asked. I turned around and pointed to the rice cooker.
"Could you put the rice in there?" I asked and he nodded and I handed him the rice. After I was done I gave him a plate and got myself a plate and we decided to eat in the living room with the TV on. "Did I miss any events at the hospital?" I asked and he shrugged and swallowed his food before he spoke.
"Lucas was discarded, Jeno made it out the same day I did. Not much after that" he said. I nodded and took a bite. After we finished I washed the dishes and he went to change into pajamas. I finished and walked into our shared bedroom and I saw Doyoung in a large shirt and shorts. I grabbed my own pajamas and undid the buttons on my shirt and slid it off and I heard someone choke and I turned around to see Doyoung choking on water and I walked over and patted his back.
"You okay?" I asked and he nodded and turned away. I'm so confused. I shrugged and walked back and took my pants off and put a shirt on and pajama pants and sighed. I saw his dirty clothes on the floor and picked them up and grabbed my own. "Did you take your medicine?" I asked and he sat on his bed and rolled his eyes.
"Of course I did, you'd yell at me if I didn't" he said and I chuckled. And sat down on mine. He then got up and walked over to me and sat next to me. "Are you ready to tell me why you left?" He asked and I gulped and looked down at my hands.
"I failed" I whispered.
"Failed?" He asked.
"I failed at your game, it was game over" I whispered and looked at him. He tilted his head, his black hair moving with it.
"I don't understand" he said. I couldn't look into his eyes so I looked at my hands in my lap. I didn't answer and suddenly I saw his pale hand on top of mine and I looked back up at him.
"I fell in love with you" I whispered and his eyes widened. "I'm sorry..." I said.
"Jaehyun..." he said and I felt my cheeks flush along with my ears. He let out a laugh. "You're so cute" he pinched my cheek and I frowned my brows. "I... I like you too. But can we get to know each other better?" He asked and I smiled and then looked back down and held his hand and rubbed the pad of my thumb on the back of his hand.
"But Doyoung, it's wrong. You were was patient and I was your doctor, I don't know what if we get in trouble? I'm just- I don't know Doyoung" I said worriedly.
"You were Jaehyun and you don't even work at the same place anymore. I'm out of that place also. We just happened to meet there, I think we were destined we met again" he said softly and I nodded. He then cupped my cheek. "Do you want to go on a date with me?" He asked and I blushed.
"O-okay" I said and he smiled.
"Can I sleep with you tonight? I... I hate sleeping alone" he said and looked away shyly and I nodded. I got up and turned off the light and laid down on my side and he did the same facing me and I blushed. "Thank you" he said and held my hand and closed his eyes. I smiled and gently moved his hair out of his face.
"Goodnight" I said and fell asleep.
He's finally back in my life.