Tandem

Chapter 2

Estelle Bennefier.

the old world they call it. they mock it. they treat it with such disrespect. have they forgotten where they came from? here. where does their food come from? here. the water? here. have they forgotten their roots? apparently. thats why they hover above us. they are scared of us. of what we are. they're scared to become us. but, they've always been like us. and they've always come from earth. they're scared of the truth. the truth that a part of us still burns in every one if them. the truth is they need us. without us, they'd starve. without us they'd destroy themselves. what would they compare to? they can drown their feelings in medicine, and remove every emotion with their needles. But the human spirit lives on. It's what keeps the hope alive. Hope that they will revolt. They can't erase everything. All the humans still have control,p of themselves, they're just directed how to love their lives. It's not right. Tandem can do what it wants, while it can. but they are not ready for what would happen. what will happen. they can prepare for everything they can expect. they may dull their society down to the colorless cloud it is now, but they know. they all know. Their society is failing. the drugs are less effective. There are holes in their plan. More and more children are showing diversity. Then, one day, a true human who survived inside will emerge and show their true colors and the others will follow and the worlds will be united once more. and the new way will be no more.