Tandem

Chapter 14

Tymon

This world is so unusual. There all these plants, everywhere. Rocks and shrubs, so unkept. Vines and leaves litter the ground, roots curl up out of the dirt and trip me. This is the deepest part of the jungle. I kneel by a small stream and cup some water and splash it on my face. Hopefully this will wake me up somewhat.

I look around me. The sun is coming up casting a golden glow over everything. The sun shining through the leaves is beautiful and warming. It's soothing and so unfamiliar. But at the same time I have déjàvou. I'm trying to make sure I don't walk in a circle, but There's no clear road. At the moment I'm following a dirt path made possibly by animals.

It's so weird. We never learned about earth in school, other than it was a desolate wasteland full of close minded peasants. We learned it was a horrible place. That it was dangerous and disgusting, and to never speak of it.

How wrong could they be?

This place is amazing, beautiful and...alive. Unlike tandem with it's gray building and streets. Even the sky is gray. Everything is dull on tandem, here everything has life and color.

I was able to get my bag down, I ended up shimmying up the tree and retrieving it. I immediately got out my pills. I took one for infection and one for general wounds, and one for bone repair, just in case my leg is broken. A warm feeling rushes over me, and I feel my shoulder and leg healing. Maybe this will be a start of a better day