Tandem

Chapter 4

Estelle

Its almost time. Time for the choice. where are the young and foolish think they can improve their lives. a trap set for believers. for open minded fools.

this is the way. this is how tandem keeps us at bay. by making sure there are no holes in the plan. by making sure none of them become like us.

everyday i look up at them. although i cant see them, i can sense them. looking down in curiosity. wondering if the rumors about us are true. some believing the rumors and lies they are fed. it makes me sick.

but until the end of the day, theres nothing i can do. until the end of the day, what i say and what i do doesn't matter. nothing will ever matter until the end of today. when our plan will be put into action.

so we will wait. and when the fools jump, we will strike. but thats for later. now is time for work. time for the daily harvest. sending them our food. i spit on a cob of corn as it is being loaded into the vessel for transport. "we only need one," i think to myself. "to set the plan in motion. just one. the right one.

this is also my day of choice. i have been chosen to go on this mission. i will have to watch for the right jumper. one unlike the others. i will have to watch their movements and reactions. and i will have to act quickly.