the killing of something sacred.

summary.

Glory Seyler was lethal from a young age. She had been trained by her father to pull them out of the pit of sorrow and malnutrition that was District Twelve and into the Victors Village where they could live like real people, in a house that wasn't falling apart and with enough food for the both of them. All she had to do was make it out of the hunger games alive.

When Glory turned sixteen she would volunteer for the seventy-second games, and she would return home to Twelve a Victor. It was quite simple, do what you need to do to survive and get out. Play the game, follow the rules, kill, and win. Glory was quite prepared to carve her way out of the arena with only her teeth, there was no doubt she was ready. So when her name was pulled from the annual culling, play and win the game was what she did, but she could never have guessed what winning would mean. Nothing was ever as simple as it seemed. The Capitol always hid the truth and now she had to as well. Her father couldn't know what she had to do to keep him safe. Glory was property of the Capitol, as was every other Victor in one way or another and she couldn't bear it.

While she may now be a puppet / forced to mentor helpless, petrified children who couldn't see past her cold eyes, lethal build and blood-stained hands for the life of them, and was beginning to believe the real winners were the ones who didn't make it out of the arena alive / one day the tangle of strings ensnaring her would be cut and she would be ready to remind President Snow of the taste of fresh blood in his mouth.

For now, she would stomp on her own throat to stay silent, to bury no one else, to let the blood finally dry underneath her nails. She would do as she was told; she would mentor Twelve's very first volunteer and a boy who looked like he stood a chance of making it past the first five minutes of the games. She would wait patiently, and when it was time, she vowed to be the end of President Snow.

No matter the cost.

esme creed-miles as glory seyler

ꪆ୧ Welcome to Glory's story! (for the second time) The first time around I knew what I wanted to say but it just wasn't coming out right

ꪆ୧ Welcome to Glory's story! (for the second time) The first time around I knew what I wanted to say but it just wasn't coming out right. I was only seventeen when I started so hopefully now that I'm older I can give Glory a bit more dimension and life. That being said I am not perfect, I write for fun and I'm also just getting back into it.

ꪆ୧ The warnings for this book are the same as the ones listed for the hunger games trilogy, I just want to say that the topic of prostitution in this book is not to be shown in a kind light as in the Victors case they are being trafficked against their will. It is sexual trauma, not sex work.

ꪆ୧ I do not own the hunger games, it's characters, dialogue or plot lines. I do however own Glory and any other original characters.