23

"That reminds me, what exactly happened to you?" Zeek asks as we walk down the festival.

"We were surprised when Jessica told us you left for abroad" miles says as he gives me a glance. My steps move slightly to the left, stepping a little closer to Natsu.

"Oh- yeah. Sorry about that. It was all pretty sudden huh?" I say with a awkward laugh. A few weeks before I was told I was being sent here, Ethan and I got in a huge fight. Usually when that happens I come out of it with bruises so I stay away from everyone but Jessica until they usually heal.

"Yeah it was. What happened?" Max asks me and I laugh.

"N-Nothing really. I was just busy with stuff at home" I say as I move my left hand, rubbing my right wrist. I feel a hand being placed on my head, I look off to the side and up, Natsu's deep dark eyes peered back in mine.

He wasn't saying it physically, but he was definitely telling me it would be alright. I take a deep breath and smile at him. "Want some icecream?" Natsu asked.

"Yeah!" I say as I clap my hands together. I love icecream!

-

"I texted Sam" Zayden says as he talks to Natsu. I stood next to Natsu eating my delicious icecream.

"I really don't want anything to do with her anymore Zayden" Natsu breaths as he licks his icecream.

"She wanted to see you really badly, just let her see you." Zayden says and I look over.

"Who is Sam?" I asked hurling myself into the conversation.

"Remember Samantha?" I Give a nod, "Zayden is her cousin"

"Don't be getting ahead of yourself Dragneel" I threatened. He sweatdrops and holds his hands up in defense.

"I already told you how it was Kitten"

"Kitten?" Miles question Natsu as he comes up behind us, now holding an icecream in his hand. "An interesting nick name" Miles says.

"Is there something wrong with the name?" Natsu questioned.

"Yes, a lot of things" I sigh and he laughs.

"You've gotten use to it though, you don't get angry like you use to" Natsu says and I roll my eyes.

"Whatever" I groan as I take a bite out of my icecream.

"Cathy, when will you be coming back to America?" Zeek asks as he jumps into the conversation, Max walking behind him.

"Before school starts up" I say as I look down at the ground.

"We should all hang out before school starts, you can bring Jessica if you want" Zayden says with a smile. I give him a forced smile.

"Sure" I look off to the side, then my eyes ended up trailing to Natsu. He was looking away, it was clear that he wasn't looking forward to me leaving either. I pull out my phone and look at the time. It was 4 pm. "Natsu?" I say and his eyes connect with mine.

"What's up?" He questioned as he moved to me.

"It's 4pm, we are still going to buy me the Yukata?" I asked and a smile appears on his lips.