39

[No POV]

"I got it" Natsu says as he was finally able to break off the lock.

"Hurry up inside, the guards will be turning the- shit!"

Natsu forcefully pulls the window open and jumps in the room. Jellal was right, Catherine was nowhere to be seen. "What's wrong?" Natsu asks quietly.

"Hide!"

"Hide where?!" Natsu says in a worry tone.

"Shut the window first!"

Natsu turns his heels and try's to shut the window. "It won't budge!"

"Shut the curtains! Quickly! Ethan caught Catherine in the halls" Natsu pulls the curtains and looks around the room. "Hide in the closet. Quickly!" Natsu moves to the sliding door and opens it, shutting it but not completely as he covers his mouth to keep himself from panting hard- he was scared shitless. He's never broken into a house before.

"Let go of me!" Catherine's voice rings in Natsu's ears.

"Stay still" Jellal demands. Natsu stays put at he hears a door rattle. Catherine struggles became more clear to the ear as her door open and Ethan throws her in her room. He takes the door knob and slams the door shut- locking it.

Catherine jumps up to her feet and slams her fist into the door. "Let me out!" She yells as she bangs on to the door harder.

"Put a hole in this god damn door and I'll put a hole in your head bitch!" Ethan yells from behind the door.

"Let!" Catherine screams as she bangs her hand on the door again. "Me out!" She bangs again. After a few more hits she falls to the floor. "Fuck. I hate this." She speaks softly as she begins to sob softly.

Natsu went to move but Jellal rang in his ear. "Don't move. Ethan can come back at any moment"

"She's crying." Natsu says quietly and Jellal repeats himself.

"Don't move."

After a few more sobs Catherine stood up, lifeless and her arm hurt from how tightly Ethan grabbed her.

"It's clear" Jellal says softly. Natsu gives a nod even though Jellal couldn't see him.

Natsu moves to the door and peeks through the crack. Catherine just stood there her fist clenching as she tried to decide what to do.

Natsu didn't want to scare her by jumping out of the closet so he tapped on the door to grab her attention. Her head shot up and looked around the room. "What the hell.." she mumbled as her eyes finally hit the curtains that moved from the soft breeze. She went to walk to the window when Natsu began to tap on the door again.

Her head moved to her dresser, "he-hello..?" She says quietly.

"Don't be scared" Natsu voice was soft, and her eyes widened.

"W-who is there? I-I got a.." She looks around the room and reaches under her bed mattress pulling out a knife. "I got a knife! Show yourself!" She says in a panic.