Prologue

My name is Peter Bartholy. I attend Mystery Spell University. Most of the students there don't even know I exist. But it doesn't bother me. Let's go back roughly two centuries. The year 1807. February 21, 1807. Peter Racoczy. I was born into a family of musicians. I never knew my mother. She died giving birth to me. I blame myself to this day for it. As far back as I can remember, I've always loved music. I would try to make music with anything that made a sound since before I could walk. I had an older brother named Stelian. We always fought over who was better. We started learning to play the piano when we were toddlers. Our father always liked Stelian better. I'm positive that it had something to do with our mother dying when I was born. I can't blame him though. She was the love of his life.

           I fell in love once. Lizabeth Johnson. I met her when I was only 21 years old. We were at a performance, and I saw her in the crowd. Afterwards, I went and talked to her. I remember it like it was yesterday. Her red cheeks as I approached her. Her cute laugh. We started courting, which was dating back then. One day, we were supposed to meet up. I was gonna pop the question, and ask her to marry me. She didn't show up, so I decided to go to her house. Her servant answered the door. Something didn't seem right. I went to her room, and saw the worst thing I've ever seen in my life. She was in bed with Stelian. She was moaning, and had her legs wrapped around him. I ran out of her house, and threw the ring as far as I could. I went straight home. Later that day, someone knocked on my door. I answered and it was Lizabeth. "Hi Peter, I'm sorry I didn't show up, I was just really busy." She said. I was furious. "Busy? Busy in bed with my brother?" I say, my voice full of anger. "What? Peter, how..." She said, nervously. "I was gonna ask you to marry me. You didn't show up, so I went to your house. You know where did I find you? In bed. With Stelian. I don't even want to talk to you anymore!" I told her. "But Peter... I still love you... I just love Stelian too..." She said. Those words hurt me so much. I pushed passed her, and ran. Not even knowing where I was going. I decided to go to the train station. I went to the desk. "Do you have tickets that I can buy to go somewhere, anywhere, and just not come back?" I asked. He shook his head. Great. I didn't want to be here anymore. I didn't want to live. I had no reason to anymore. I saw a train leaving, and I ran to it, throwing myself in front of it...

  When I woke up, I had no idea where I was. There was a man at my side. "Hello Peter, I see you've awoken." He said to me. "Who the hell are you?" I ask him, scared. "My name's Viktor Bartholy, amd I can help you get revenge on your brother." He said. Revenge on Stelian? But how? "How?" I asked him. "I can make you stronger than anyone you know. Just make a deal with me. You become my son." He said. It sounded reasonable. My father hated me. "Deal." I said. We shook hands, and he jumped at my neck. His eyes turned red, and he bit down into my skin. What is he doing to me? I had never felt worse pain in my life. Everything went black.

     I was a vampire. Everything was so different. I could hear the quietest sounds, amd was strong enough to lift a house. But I hated it. Stelian had come over to my house shortly after I was changed. He didn't know. I was still so mad at him. I killed him. What had I done?  I had to leave. I had to go far away. Viktor took me to a town called Mystery Spell. He left me with his other "son" Nicolae. Soon after that, Drogo joined us, as well as Lorie a little later. It's hard for us to cope with our pain. Especially knowing that we have to deal with our pasts for the rest of eternity.