Part 1

For a few weeks now, we have had a nanny take care of Lorie. She has lasted much longer then any of the others, which really surprises me. In addition to that, Lorie is quite fond of her, as she has told me many times, but refuses to tell Jane, our nanny. Ever since the day she started working, I've only thought about her. I have no idea why though. No matter what I do, I can't get her off my mind. Its strange, because all the other nannies have barely noticed me, and I pay no attention to them. Drogo screwed with a lot of them, and they normally quit because her and Drogo "broke up". Though they were never really together, Drogo just used them as a playtoy.

     One night, in in my room playing piano when I hear the floor squeak in the hallway. Curious about who it is, I go look, and come face to face with Jane. Her beauty is almost inhuman. But I have to stay away from her, because I don't want to hurt her. "What are you doing here? You shouldn't be here." Why did I say that? Even if I am trying to protect her, I could have been more polite. I see her cheeks turn red. What? Why would she blush because I talked. Maybe I haven't avoided her enough and she...likes me?.....no, I'm just going crazy. There's no way someone as beautiful as her could like a nobody like me. "I'm sorry to bother you....I heard some music so I came to see...." There's that beautiful voice. I look at her for a moment.  "You play really well." She cant be serious. I mean, I'm not THAT good. "I often play the piano at night. Ill close the door next time. Please don't come back." Shit! That last part sounded awful.  I hope she doesn't leave. Why would she stay after what I just said? "Did you compose this music?" Ok she stayed? After what I said? "Yes.'' Is all I can say. "Are you a professional musician?" Her question almost amuses me. Far from it. At least now I am. For a second I think about Stelian, and how Lizabeth betrayed me. Her words still echo in my head. "I still love you, I just love Stelian too." I shake my head to get the memories out of my mind. "Not anymore." Nice move Peter. Not anymore? I only look like I'm 22. That doesn't even make sense to her. I start to close the door. "I really liked listening to you play." She really doesn't give up. I look at her surprised, then close the door. Come in Peter. Get a grip! I start playing again, hoping she hears me. Her room is right next to mine, and I can hear moving around.  I'm curious about what she's thinking. But I'm not like Nicolae, where he can practically read straight through you. She has to be thinking about something that applies to me in some way. I stop playing and try to tap into her thoughts. She's having trouble sleeping. She's thinking about me? I start playing a more soothing music piece. I hope she will sleep better. I play until I can hear her breathing change to a more slow pace. I put my ear against the wall and just listen to her. What is she doing to me? What is this feeling I get every time I think about her? Its driving me crazy.

     The next day I go to college, trying to avoid Jane as much as I can. I'm in the cafeteria when I notice her talking to Sarah. No way. She cant be friends with an Osborne. The words Osborne amd Bartholy can't even go in the same sentence. And everyone knows Sarah doeant like guys. Well, maybe Jane doesn't know... I see her look my direction, and I act like I'm reading a book. Part of the football team comes and starts making fun of me but I just ignore them. I look down at my book, and then hear someone say, "Do you think that's funny. Are you eight years old or something?" Its Jane. I'm surprised to hear someone stand up for me. I look at her, not knowing what to say. Suddenly, the bell rings. Its time for the next class. For some reason, I just sit there and stare at her. My eyes wander over her perfect curves. Her beautiful golden hair cascading over her shoulders. She turns around, and her eyes meet mine. I can't help but smile. She quickly turns around. Is she feeling the same way I am right now? She can't be. I realize that I need to go to class now. Its the myths and legends class. I wasn't signed up for this class, until I caught a glance and Jane's paper with all her classes on it. I had one extra time slot where I could sign up for one more classd if I wanted too. I saw the myths and legends class at the time slot I had left, and signed up. I didn't even think. I'm really starting to think theres actually something wrong with me.