Part 3

A few minutes later, I see Jane and Sarah come back in. She looks better then she did before. Loan goes and sits  beside her. I wish he would just leave her alone. She's obviously not interested. I see him get closer to here. Hey! Back off! Suddenly, a girl comes up to sit next to Drogo. I see Jane get up and walk torwards the restroom. After she closes the door, I see Loan get up go and wait by the door. What's he doing? When she walks out, he corners her. Get the hell off man! I rush to her and pull him away from her using my strength. He flies across the room amd hits the wall. "Thank you Peter, I..." I rush out of the bar without even waiting for her to finish. I could have just revealed myself. What is this girl doing to me? I decide to go home and wait for her. Maybe explain everything? No. I can't. I have to protect her.

          I wait for her at home in the hallway. She walks up to me, looking confused. "I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry for what I did in the bar. Please let's not talk about it anymore." I say before she can speak. Just as I turn around, I feel a warm hand on my wrist. It's her. I look at her hand. She has to suspect something. After what happened at the bar. And now she feels my skin. But her hot skin feels so good on mine. "Well I just wanted to thank you. Loan was brutal and you prevented him from hurting me. There is nothing to feel sorry for." I pull my wrist from her grip. "Still you were standing pretty close to him. In the bar..." What did I just say? "He didn't give me the choice." Of course he didn't. "Loan shouldn't cause you any more trouble now..." I hope not at least. "Next time, be more careful. Don't let boys think they stand a chance with you if they don't. If they get the wrong impression they feel confident and act stupidly." I don't want her to get hurt, and I'm warning her. "It's not my fault he behaved like that with me..." Of course it's not. I never said it was. Maybe I implied it? God I wanna kiss her so bad right now. "Sorry Jane, that's not what I meant..." What do I mean? "Sometimes I don't express myself well. I read a lot of books but I guess it doesn't help me in the real world...I'm just worried about you..." Did i just say that? That wasn't supposed to come out. "Loan is a jerk. He acts as if the world belonged to him. I will never let him hurt you but a girl a beautiful as you should be wary of him." There. I said it. She's beautiful. "He could try other ways to get what he wants." It scares me, but I'll do whatever i have to to protect her. "You think I'm beautiful?" Of course I do. Who wouldn't? I smile at her. "You should smile more often. It suits you." She says. I'm gonna kiss her. I walk closer to her. "You too. When you smile, the whole world becomes a better place. I don't want some stupid guy like Loan to take that smile from your face." I intertwine my fingers with hers. I move my face close to hers. I can't kiss her. I can't get close to her. She'll be hurt in the end if I did. I slip my cheek against hers and whisper, "Good night Jane." In her ear.  I step away from her and go to my room. What the hell is wrong with me? This girl is making me crazy. I decide to go hunt, and get my thoughts in order.

   After taking a quick shower, I go to my secret room. As soon as I open the door, memories come flooding back to me. Me, Nicolae, and Drogo have rooms like this. It helps us sometimes to be able to go back, and remember when we we're still human, and didn't have to deal with this damn curse. I run my fingers over the dusty white keys of the old grand piano, and take a glimpse of the picture of Lizabeth. Why did you have to do this to me? We could have gotten married. Had kids. Grown old together. Did I not love you enough? What did I ever do to make you want him over me?

       I go through my old pictures, reliving the moments. I see one particularly beautiful picture of Lizabeth. It makes me mad thinking about her sometimes. I tear the picture in half, and throw it in the fireplace. I look in the closet at all the clothes that I once wore. I might a fire in the fire place, intending to throw everything in it. I grab several hangers of clothes, and go to burn them. Just as I'm about to throw them in the fire, something makes me hold back. Just like always. I can't let go of my past. It's all I have left to remember being human. I put the clothes back, and pour water over the fire. I sit down at the piano, and pull out some music. It used to be my favorite song to play. I begin to play, the notes filling the room, taking me back to one of our recitals. On a stage in front of hundreds of people, I play with my heart and soul. I put my everything into it. Closing my eyes, I concentrate on the notes, and let the music take over me. I look out into the crowd. There she is, with a huge smile. Tears run down my face but I continue playing, drowning myself in the music, trying to get one last glimpse of the past. The song comes to an end, amd I open my eyes, seeing the room filled with my old things. I wipe away my tears, still trying to figure out what I did to deserve this.