Settling in (part 1)

Lola's POV

The drive to Banana Island wasn't so long and I'd occupied myself with the views I got through my window.

The backseat that sat our guests was awfully quiet and because of the weird eye contact I'd made earlier with them, I couldn't dare to look back. I had tried to use the rear view mirror but I couldn't see their faces and I had noticed their heads where faced downwards.

When we'd entered the main gate of the island the atmosphere changed! It was like the air was different.

I saw a small car drive beside us after a while. It was the Bugatti I'd seen a couple of days ago in a magazine issue.

It revved and sped off, almost at the speed of light.
Before I could catch my tongue, I heard a "woah" drop out of my mouth.

There were so many luxurious cars here in this island, even more than the other small islands in Lagos.

Suzy, my best friend and roommate would be so pleased to know about it. She'd always wanted to come here since it's opening.

We entered a driveway and the only sound I could hear was the sound of the suv tires rolling over the neatly paved roads.

According to my gps, we'd arrived at our destination.

The gates opened opened and we were greeted by the sights of a mansion-like house.
It was a 7 bedroom detached waterfront house.

It was a really big piece of land these folks owned. This looked more like three plots than two!

The house was situated at the north of the land while we drove towards it from the gate at the south.

There was a big pool in front of it and a humongous impeccably manicured lawn.

The white building stood beautifully with a brown roofing and a detached guesthouse beside it.

The palm trees surrounding it would give it good aeration, I'd thought.

We took a circular drive and passed a two tier fountain with a stallion statue on it.

The driveway ended with a small building which seemed to be a storage room and it had a covered car port for about three cars.
The SUV fit perfectly into it as if it belonged there.

Immediately Mr Dauda turned off the ignition, the two back doors opened and Mr Schmidt and Mr Damien off in a second.

I quickly unfastened my seatbelt and opened my door my door with haste.
That was why I didn't notice the seatbelt had not fully retracted back to its original position.

So there you have it. I tripped on my seatbelt and hit the interlocked flooring of the carport hardly with my back.

My eyes were still closed when I felt someone grab my forearm, pulling me up and making me rest on him.

It had to be a him!

It was a him because this wasn't an it. The rock hard body I was made rest on emitted so much warm that I would have unconsciously snuggled myself against him, hadn't it been my butt was in raging pain and the guest has to settle in before it got dark.

The guests!

With that, my eyes flew open and I tried to jump to my feet when I noticed I was restrained by a strong grip I couldn't overpower.

As I turned to look at my helper who was still nestling me from behind, he spoke.

"Are you alright Miss Williams?"

Just one sentence reset my thinking. It was one of the guests who had me caged right now.

Who? That was the question.
Back at the airport, Mr Damien had called me miss Lola, so this had to be the nonchalant MR SCHMIDT!!!!

He was our main investor. I am doomed! I thought to myself.

I turned to reply him when I met his eyes.

I don't know for how long I was looking at him, but I bet that it was quite long.
If not for the fact that I'd held my breath for too long I would have been there for a month!

I blinked "Uh, yes sir, I'm alright".

He helped me back to my feet and nodded briskly before going back towards the trunk.

I was still in my stun-mode when I noticed Mr Damien had been watching the whole incident.

To say I was embarrassed would be an utter understatement in comparison to how I felt.

I silently sent a bowlful of insults to Mrs Okafor.
I didn't know what was going on with me to cause me to act this way .

"You are welcome to the Schmidt mansion sirs, ma".
We were greeted by tall and skinny man who looked to be in his fifties.

"It's an honor to meet you. I am Wale Shonde, the housekeeper. I believe it that you're Mr Alden Schmidt", shaking Mr Schmidt's "and you are Mr Damian Adler" shaking Mr Adler.

I chuckled at the pronunciation of their first names Alden, Damian. Typical Yoruba man! I made a mental note to correct him afterwards as our esteemed guests made no attempt to do that.

Turning to face me. "What is your name ma'am?"
" I am Lola Williams- I work with the company they came to see" I'd continued when he'd have me a look of "why are you here?"

"Nice to meet you Miss Lola" , he shook me with a smile. I wanted to tell him my name was pronounced Lowlah not Lawlah but now didn't seem like the right time.

"It's a pleasure to meet you. Please come with me". He led us into the house while dragging the luggages of the guests.

The interior of the house was breathtaking.

It was an open floor plan with an exposed kitchen which had an island.
It was a visibly fully equipped, customer designed European kitchen. The black granite and whit cabinetry matched so beautifully well.
I could see the oven, microwave and thought of what I could do with them. There a gigantic double door subzero refrigerator which cost a fortune , a hob and range,a dishwasher, and other devices that made the kitchen look like a haven for housewives.

I was told to make my self comfortable while the men were shown to their rooms.

I sat myself on one of the black leather seats and it was so comfortable.

While they were away, I opened my whatsapp messenger and there were messages from Mrs Okafor, Mr Shina, my church's choir director and Suzy.
I replied the messages and dropped my phone into my bag. I picked the novel I'd been reading, Sunshine Blonde and picked up from I left off.

"Miss Lola, do you mind doing me a favor?"
A baritone voice spoke to me.

Who do you think needs Lola's favour? Aldean? Damien? or who?

I sincerely apologize for the late update, I had an exam I needed to prepare for. Thank you for your patience.

Don't forget to like and comment. I look forward to hearing from my amazing readers.

Dena xoxo.