ᴛᴜʀʙᴜʟᴇɴᴄᴇ

Turbulence

ᴛʜᴇ ꜰʟɪɢʜᴛ ʜᴀꜱ ɢᴏɴᴇ ᴜɴꜱᴛᴇᴀᴅʏ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀꜱꜱᴇɴɢᴇʀꜱ ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜ. ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱʜᴀᴋɪɴɢ ɢᴏᴇꜱ ᴡᴏʀꜱᴇ. ʜᴀꜱ ᴏɴᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴɢɪɴᴇꜱ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴅᴏᴡɴ? ɪꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘɪʟᴏᴛ ꜱᴛʀᴜɢɢʟɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʟᴀɴᴇ ꜱᴛᴇᴀᴅʏ? ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪꜱ ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢᴇᴛ ᴛᴏ ꜰɪɴᴅ ᴏᴜᴛ, ᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰʟɪɢʜᴛ ᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ ʙᴇᴄᴏᴍᴇꜱ ꜱᴍᴏᴏᴛʜ. ᴄʟᴀᴘᴘɪɴɢ ᴇʀᴜᴘᴛꜱ ᴀᴄʀᴏꜱꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʟᴀɴᴇ, ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴀ ᴅɪꜱᴀᴘᴘʀᴏᴠɪɴɢ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜʀ ꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅ, ᴏɴʟʏ ᴛᴏ ꜰɪɴᴅ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇʏ'ʀᴇ ᴀꜱʟᴇᴇᴘ.

. . .

In the heat of... spring, as it appeared, in the heat of the one season life and its beauty ought to be appreciated, you realized you had little worry about it. Of course, you missed the outdoors and all numerous benefits of it, but once you fulfilled those needs after the long walk through the forest, you had other things on your mind. You've reached the city, and you asked Ivan to have some rest, which he gladly accepted.

So now you were sitting with your stomach tinging nervously. And Ivan was staring down at you, mild horror displayed on his face. "Wipe that off your chin. And your cheek, and your lips, please," he murmured, but you didn't bother. You were too busy swallowing to do anything else.

"You've got sprinkles on your nose now..." he sighed and rolled his eyes at the sight. You'd laugh if your mouth wasn't full. He had been trying to mock you for a while now. You found the teasing, the endless comments, adorable.

"Mmhmmphfmhm," you responded as you stuffed another doughnut in your mouth. Ivan squinted his eyes at you, and you did the same. But then, all of a sudden, he stuck his tongue out, making you snort. You'd almost spit out all the food from your full mouth at him if you didn't cover it with your hands. You quickly swallowed so you could laugh out loud.

"You silly girl," he taunted and reached out to take a doughnut, but you slapped his hand away and hissed at him. "Mine," you glared at him. He backed off, moving his seat away. Once at a safe distance, he gasped. "I cook for you every day, and this is how you repay me?"

"Well dear, you have me and that's all you need," you told him and took a huge bite. Oh, this doughnut was stuffed with jam. You should've paid attention. Never mind now, you thought as you pushed it deeper down your throat.

"Good grief, you are correct," he muttered under his breath and crossed his legs, looking away. You took a glimpse of him smiling just a little. He was evidently doing his best not to show his amusement, keep his head cool - how very Ivanly.

"Go on, lose control," you told him, pointing at him with a sugarcoated finger. Suddenly you heard someone loudly say: "Go crazy," followed by an incoherent yell, "go stupid!" "Eh?!" You turned around to see two teens wheezing. And at that very moment, you felt your entire heart drop, and you began feeling dizzy. "...What was that?" a question came from you in form of a whisper.

"Must be a meme. Fyodor mentioned them a couple of times," Ivan nonchalantly responded, looking at the teens with a gentle smile.  "Now, would the two of you please go? We're on a date here, I'd hate to interrupt it because of your imposing behavior."

It could've been his serious, somewhat intimidating demeanor, or his overly mature albeit sharp tone that made the two boys go, much to your relief. Your heart was beating so rapidly that you couldn't eat anymore.

"(Y/N), you don't know what memes are?" He seemed surprised.

"I do, it's just that..."

He finally caught up - after leaning in, he asked: "What's wrong? You're suddenly pale, not to mention you've stopped eating."