Chapter Sixty-Two: Battle at the Samurai Bridge.

Beth POV

"You can't be serious." Gaara contested, his eyes squarely on Tobi.

"He's not. He knows you'll never agree to it. He just wants to intimidate you." I explained, disgust dripping with every word.

"Oh Beth, can't get anything passed you. However, I wouldn't be too hasty in declining. The Akatsuki have recently expanded their ranks, a person you should be more than familiar with. Kabuto Yakushi. Such unparalleled abilities. Almost as if he were a reincarnation of Orochimaru himself." Tobi responded snidely.

"I killed Orochimaru and I'll kill Kabuto." I yelled, my rage echoing throughout the room.

"The Land of Lightning will never surrender B to the likes of you!" The Raikage agreed, his gaze drifting to my position momentarily.

"Sunagakure will not allow another Jinchuriki to fall victim to the Akatsuki." Gaara claimed, standing from his seat in a demonstration of solidarity.

"Nor will Kirigakure." The Mizukage agreed.

"The Village Hidden in the Stone will fight." The Tsuchikage agreed.

"Speaking for the true Hokage, Lady Tsunade of the Leaf, Konoha will stand with the other Great Shinobi Villages." I echoed, my voice determined. "You won't win Tobi. Your power over the shinobi world ends now."

"But not my power over you, Beth. The battle has just begun, my dear. Don't forget what I told you, before this is over you will understand my goal. And you will come to me, in fact you will beg for the Ten Tails power. Until then, I hope you are prepared for what's to come."

"What are you talking about?" I spat. Jumping up, I grabbed onto one of the upper pillars. Swinging overtop, I landed on the wooden beam, quickly steadying myself before turning to face Tobi. Walking over to him I grabbed him by the shirt. "What do you mean?!" I ordered.

"Oh Beth, such anger. And to think you always discouraged such a trait in your dear Sasuke." With that I watched as my hand slipped right through Tobi's shirt, allowing him to free himself before disappearing completely from sight. "Bastard." I grunted. However, I wasn't allowed a moment of reprieve before voices called out from below. Turning my attention back to the Kage, I listened to the commotion.

"The Lord Hokage!" Ao's voice rung out, his gaze rested on the seat where the Hokage was seated. Grabbing a kunai knife, I proceeded to throw the weapon at the figure, the body immediately morphing into a log of wood.

"Dammit!" I yelled running over to where Danzo was seated and picking up the Hokage head piece. At the same time the other shinobi discovered that the Konoha bodyguards were also substitutions, their figures transforming into the wooden logs just as Danzo's had. Turning to leave the room, I quickly addressed Mifune, making sure to keep my voice firm as not to arouse suspicion. "Figure out who's going to lead the Allied Shinobi Forces, I personally vote Gaara but then again, I'm a little biased. If Lady Tsunade is still out of commission, speak with Kakashi Hatake about the terms of alliance." With that I ran out of the room, rushing passed the samurai guards and making my way outside the building.

Summoning my chakra, I sent out a dome of the chakra in every which direction, attempting to sense Danzo's chakra signature. Nothing. Swearing under my breath I quickly summoned Kiryuu, his blue serpentine body appearing before me in an instant.

"Kiryuu, Danzo Shimura, can you track him from this position?" Shoving the headpiece into Kiryuu's face the snake seemed to frown before sliding himself around my arm.

"I'm not a dog, Lady Beth." Kiryuu explained.

"I have some sensory ability, but not enough to sense their chakra signature from this position. Please, Kiryuu. I need you." I begged, my voice desperate.