Surprise

Brian McCook's POV

These past couple of weeks apart from Brian have been difficult to say the least. On the one hand, we were both quite accustomed to being apart from each other while touring. On the other hand, we have never been apart while being... well... together. Last night I saw a video someone posted of Trixie performing and she looked so stunning, and like she was having so much fun, and I felt like I absolutely must be there with her, to congratulate Brian for being so incredible and so loved.

We talked after his show and he told me all about it, and about how he was thinking about me the whole time, much in the same way he has been on all shows this tour. I believe him entirely, because I know that I haven't been able to take my mind off him for longer than thirty minutes. To be quite frank, even before getting together we were like that, constantly texting or video calling while apart, even tweeting to the world how much we miss each other. Brian finished our call last night with exactly what I needed to hear to make the move I so badly wanted to, telling me he wishes I was there with him. I brushed it off, telling him that it's just one more week until we'd be reunited, and that I'm so proud of him. As soon as we hung up, I booked my ticket.

So here I am, standing at the side of the stage watching Trixie perform. She's breathtaking. He is breathtaking. My heart is filled with longing to have him in my arms and for his set to be done. The queens were all really happy to see me and not one of them found it odd that I came to visit Brian, because they know we have a special friendship that goes beyond the usual outlines of affection. They all said what an amazing friend I am and that he has been talking about me non-stop and my heart skipped a beat when I heard that. It wasn't that we could not bear to be separated, it's that we didn't want to, especially now that we're exploring the depths of what we mean to one another.

Right before his set ends I run to the dressing room where the queens are chatting away, wishing he and I could have a more private reunion but taking what I can get. I stand against the wall, anxiously waiting for him to arrive once I hear through the loud speakers that he parted from the audience. The door opens and in front of me stands the most stunning human barbie doll in the world, clad in his favorite pink jumpsuit and wavy blonde wig. It takes Brian a second to process that fact that I'm there, and then I see his eyes light up even through the layers of lashes he has on, and he screeches loudly as he does when he's excited or when I make him laugh especially hard. Then we start running towards each other and he engulfs me in his warm arms, lifting me from the ground as he's wearing heels. I wrap my legs around his waist and let myself drown in the warmth and love of his embrace. This feels like home.

Brian squeezes me tightly to him and whispers in my ear "I love you, I love you, I love you."

"I love you so much." I whisper back. "I had to come see you."

"This is the most beautiful moment of my life." Danny says loudly. "Why don't you ever hug me like that bitch?" He turns to Roy.

Brian sets me down on the ground as Roy answers "Because I don't like you, assface, when will you understand that?"

We all laugh and Brian wraps his hand around my waist, bringing me closer to him. "Get used to it guys, our friendship will forever surpass yours." I smile up at him and playfully make my combo move and he joins me in it.

"Alright you saggy fags it's time to de-drag and hit the bar." Aaron says as he walks into the room, having just closed the show. "Katya!" He smiles when he notices me and I go over to hug him. "What are you doing here?"

"Tracy forgot her favorite dildo back home and you know he can't go to sleep without that thing so he made me fly out here to bring it to him." I answer cheekily, waiting for Brian's response.