Chapter 32

"Why are you smiling like an idiot?", Yuri pokes Sora's shoulder with her pen as she leans on the table, beside Sora.

"I can't smile now? What a cruel world", Sora scoffs

"Are you thinking about your hot detective? I am still digesting the fact that both of you snails are finally dating. Good lord, my prayers all these months has been answered", Yuri said as she nods her head while looking at Sora whom had her eyes focused on the paper in her hand.

"One more word, Dr Kang Yuri, one more word"

"When is he coming back from his work trip? He needs to collect his lost girlfriend"

"In 2 days. And why are you asking me this again? He has been gone for about 5 days and you had done nothing but asking me about him every day", Sora said as she turns around to head to her room with several documents in her hand.

"Well, that's because you have been smiling to yourself the whole day while you look at your phone. Hello? I know you are so in love but don't forget about me? I met you first. Why am I regretting the fact that Jungkook finally got you? He is stealing you away from me", Yuri pouts jokingly

"But Seokjin is stealing you, forever, from me", Sora replied as she walks into her room. "Did his parents set an actual date already?"

Yuri slumps herself lazily onto the couch, massaging her forehead as she puts up her leg on the seats laying flat on the couch. "You bet they did"

Sora turned to look at Yuri in a flash, staring at her with a big question mark on her confused face. "What do you mean?"

"You might need to plan something about my bachelorette party soon. I am getting married in less than 2 months"

*****

It has been 3 days since Jungkook returned from his work trip, but he was so busy at the station that he didn't get to see Sora. He barely even had the time to go back to his own home. He couldn't believe he survived not seeing Sora for more than a week now. It will be a lie if he doesn't miss her. But Sora did say, she is entirely caught up with work at the hospital too. Jungkook will always give her a call but sometimes their conversation will last for a few seconds since both of them have commitments to their jobs.

But finally, today, Jungkook had the day off and the only event he has today is the corporate dinner he has to attend to night. He spent the whole day resting at home since he was entirely sleep-deprived for working non-stop for the whole week. He woke up quite late this morning and it was solely because he had a phone call from Taehyung.

"Good lord, you just woke up? Dude, it's almost 12 noon!", Taehyung scoffs

"Give me a break, I was dead the moment I came home last night", Jungkook replied half-asleep

"Don't be late for today's dinner. Namjoon insisted that I made sure you get there on time"

"Why are you both babying me. I am not a kid", he laughs

"Because you are a kid. Get up you stinky. I'll meet you at the station around 5 pm. If you're late. I will kill you"

Jungkook stares at the ceiling after the phone call, his eyes still struggling to keep him awake. He still feels lethargic after those endless days working on the case. He then, quickly grabbed his phone again wanting to text Sora.

Jungkook 💕 :

Hello, do you still remember me?🤔

Jungkook waited for a few seconds but still there is no reply.