The night

Ariana's Pov

I roamed around the town a little more before deciding to return back. Now I am walking back home, I don't know if I am going the right way. I guess I am.

After walking for about 15 min I reached the familiar street of Cole's place. Yeah, my memory is not too bad I guess.

It's getting dark, the sun has set making the sky a pale shade of orange mixed with pink. The moon is shining Fadely with some stars twinkling. I looked up to see some birds flying, probably returning back to their home to their family.

The leaves of trees are moving slowly with the cool breeze. The breeze blew my hair lightly sending a tickling sensation to my face.

I looked in front of me to find a little boy walking with his mom holding his hand and talking animatedly moving his hands while his mom is smiling at him. I passed them and his mom chuckled at something the boy said. I smiled to myself.

Family, no matter what you do the entire day, in the end, you always return to your family. I sighed when I realized where I am returning. I am returning to my family as well. The family who loved me more than my own family ever did. I smiled to myself as I entered the gate of the cottage.

I ringed the bell and waited for someone to open the door while fiddling with my fingers.

"God, where were you??" Tiff said as soon as she opened the door.

"Was taking a walk, " I replied walking in.

"A half-day walk??" She said following me.

"Yup, "I replied turning to her and smiling.

She just shook her head smiling.

" Ari, I told you to call me when you're done, " Cole said walking towards me.

"Umm sorry I thought why to disturb you when I can come home by myself, "I replied shrugging.

" yeah yeah you disturb me a lot, " he said glaring at me.

"C'mon Cole it's not a big deal, " I said trying to hold his hand.

"It sure is not, " he replied walking away.

What just happened??

"Cole, time for dinner, " Diana said.

"I am not a hungry mom, " he said as he walked passed her, to upstairs.

"Umm ok, Ari, Tiff dinners on, " she said looking at us.

"Can I take my dinner to my room Diana, I just want to freshen up a little, " I asked making puppy eyes.

"Ok fine, come with me, " she said as I followed her in the kitchen.

I can't eat if Cole doesn't, I need to find out why he's behaving weirdly.

Is he upset with me??

"Here, " she said handing me a plate filled with fried corn, brown rice, Turkey, mashed potatoes and peas.

"This is a lot Diana, " I said staring at the filled plate.

"Yeah, but perfect for two people, " she said smiling at me.

"What do you mean??" I asked.

"Nothing just that Cole loves corn so I served a little extra of it, " she replied winking at me.

I just chuckled at her.

They say right, mothers know everything.

I ran up to Cole's room with the plate in my hand. I need to talk to Cole, I do not like when he's angry with me.