Turning tables

If memories had a delete button, I could have pushed it so many times that I could've broke it. If there was an easy way to forget, I could've done it a million times and never get tired of it. If I could wish that everything we did didn't even happen, the genie might get tired of granting my wish.

Because no matter how hard I try, these amazing memories just keep on flashing back as if they didn't end so easily. They were just happy dreams that ended up with a nightmare.

Amnesia wouldn't be enough to heal my broken heart. People tell me that I'm over reacting, but no. I'm not. Have you ever felt like you're not even functional? Like every part of your body was lifeless and everything just didn't made sense?

They asked me to forget, and get over everything we had. It was so easily said, but it was a million times harder to do. I wish they were in my shoes so they can feel this way. It's not that simple and easy as they think. It's easier said than done.

Because you were the only one that made me feel like I'm the most special person in the world. You promised that nothing would even stop us for being together and we would be happy. You spoke a little bit too soon.

Love, you were my everything in a short span of time. But I know all those memories would be forever kept inside my heart.  I don't even know if it is possible for us to meet someday. I wont wish for that day because I'm not sure if I'm already over you when that day comes.

But I hope, when that time comes, I'll be ready to face you, without those tear stains on my cheek. Without the pain. And maybe we could be friends. I'll show you that someone will treat me better than you did. And that I am worth fighting for.

Goodbye,

Hailey..

------

"Hailey? Shawn's here! I'm letting him in okay?" I could hear my mom call from the other side of the door.

I rolled on the bed, lying on my stomach. I was having my stomach cramps. I hate it when this time of the month comes.

The door opened, revealing  a very worried Shawn. His brows were furrowed, his lips pouted as he walked to my side of the bed.

"Hey baby.." He hugged me, putting his head on my back. "Are you okay?"

I buried my head to the sheets, "noooo." I groaned in pain. "I feel like Ii'm going to dieeeeeee." I say exaggeratedly.

He giggled, making me smile despite of the pain I'm feeling. "Come here," he sat up, opening his arms and waiting for me to hug him.

I tried to, simply failing. But he catches my arm, pulling me into his arms. I could feel his body radiating beneath me making my head all fuzzy.

"Thanks for being here." I whispered to his ear and he kissed my forehead.

"Of course I'll be here. You're my girl. You need me, and I'll take care of you." He kissed my cheek this time looking deeply into my eyes.

I suddenly felt insecure in what I look. I probably look like a mess right now. Maybe a zombie or a baby panda. "Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked him, biting my lip.

He tuck a strand of hair behind my ear, shrugging. "Nothing baby."

"Is it because there are a lot of prettier girls in your school?" I suddenly asked, without even thinking.

Me and Shawn had been together for like four months, but it feels surreal when I think about it. We don't go to the same school together and I bet there are a bunch of cheerleaders gawking over him everyday. He is cute, smart and talented. I have heard that girls in his school are fighting over him.