Chapter 5 - Part 2

"Shit, I hope we don't miss the bus," Techno mutters, walking so quickly that's Kengkla is skipping steps to keep up with Techno's longer stride. "Ai' Nic better show up, or damn Ai' Type will make us leave without him."

"It's okay, P'No. Ai' Nic said he'd be here. I texted him earlier," Kengkla says and glances at Techno at his side. Techno's brows are drawn together, mouth tense on a frown. "Don't worry." He's been tense since the ride over. Kengkla could feel it in the way Techno's shoulders stiffened during the ride, how he kept as far away from Kengkla as possible, and the speed he jumped off the bike. Still, it was an enjoyable ride for Kengkla, and there was nothing like wrapping his arms around Techno, the warmth of his skin enough to feel even through the layers of fabric.

Techno hums some sound of acknowledgment, pulling Kengkla from his thoughts. "I'm sure Ai' Type is gonna' love that I'm bringing two high schoolers," he says, sounding annoyed and not at all thrilled as Kengkla would prefer him to be. "Oi, I'm never gonna' here the end of it."

Kengkla can feel his jaw tighten in irritation at Type's name but tries not to let it show."P' No, I'm sorry," Kengkla says slowly, and Techno turns his head to look at Kengkla, confusion flashing over his face

"What for, Ai' Kla?" Techno asks, his voice regaining some of the cheer Kengkla prefers. Kengkla's head snaps up at this and a smile returns to his face. He reaches out and braces a hand at Techno's shoulder to cut off his walk. When Techno stops and looks up to meet his gaze, Kengkla draws his hand back.

There's a pleading look in Techno's eyes that doesn't match his smile. It's almost as if he's more serious than his jesting tone suggests. Kengkla can feel his blood go hot. "I just want some alone time with P'No," Kengkla tells him. "But I'm sorry for making you take responsibility for me this weekend. I can always call Ai' Nic and cancel."

He reaches in his pocket to get his phone — with no real intention of canceling — when Techno reaches out to grab his arm, and Kengkla glances up at him, breath catching his throat. It's a rare occurrence for Techno to touch him first, so he's not surprised when Techno pulls away quickly, offering him a forced smile. "No, Ai' Kla," He tells Kengkla. "I mean — you're already here, and Ai' Nic's bringing my bag. So, you can just go."

"I'm so happy to hear that, P'No!" Keengkla cries out with a smile and leans in closer to Techno who stares down at him while taking a step away. Techno's watching him with wide eyes; the fixed line of his mouth says he's completely focused on Kengkla's movements. He has his prey's complete attention. "You want me to go too, right?" Kengkla asks and frowns, furrowing his brow to complete his innocent look.

"Uh," Techno draws the word long and scratches his arm, darting his gaze away. But before he can answer, there's a voice, a high chirp of "P'No!" before someone — Kengkla remembers him as Techno's junior — catapults into Techno.

Kengkla takes a step backward in reflexive retreat, but Techno doesn't move, doesn't even seem particularly fazed by this sudden attack. Techno actually starts smiling as the shorter male hangs on his arm, pulling on Techno until his shoulder sags. "Ai' Can," Techno says, eyes darting to Kengkla quickly then back to Can. "What are you doing here?"

"We're...on our way...to the bus stop," comes another voice, slower and steadier. When Kengkla blinks away from the shorter boy still squeezing affection into Techno's arm, there's another stranger approaching.

"Ai' Good?" Techno asks then laughs at Can who keeps pulling on his arm.

Good is taller than Can, his shoulders slumped in disinterest, and his body relaxed beyond the gym bag in his hand. His eyes look tired and bored, but Techno turns to him with a smile, trying to shake Can off his arm. "Ai' Can, let P'No go," Techno chuckles, eyes closed, and teeth bared in a wide smile.