Him

We were about a few steps away from my house and everything is well until I noticed the black aura that around him once more. I rubbed my eyes and looked back at him, this time the aura stayed. I shrugged it off and pretended it wasn't there. It could be just a trick of my mind.

"Well, this is my house. I'll see you at school tomorrow."

I said waving him goodbye as I walked closer to my front porch, facing my front door. As soon as I reached my doorknob I heard him again.

"Goodbye Child."

I quickly turned around and Sly was gone so quickly, looking at both sides. He was nowhere to be found. In such a small space of time, how did he leave so quickly? Out of fear, I hurried in and went straight to my room, knowing my parents aren't home yet till late at night. Instinctively, I locked the door behind me and I just had the feeling to check the woods in my backyard.

"I shouldn't check it but then I want answers."

I know what that faceless man can do but some parts of me want to know if his really real and why is he in my dreams every night. Taking a deep breath and slowly walked to my window with my heart pumping faster in nervousness and fear.

There he was, standing at the other side my backyard fence and looking back at me. I stood frozen in place and staring back at me as I know he's watching me from down there. I couldn't scream or look away. It's like he had taken over my body and have me stand here, just looking back at him. Just like in my dream.

"They were wrong. His real and is standing at my backyard!"

I watched him as his tendrils spread out and sent towards me. My heart racing faster and skin all pale white. It's all over for me. Whatever he has planned for me is out of my control. His tendrils getting closer and closer to me, seeing his grin slowly forming on his face from afar. I tried so hard to fight the grip he has on me. Soon enough, he got his tendrils to wrap around me.

At this point, I couldn't fight anymore and there was no point into it. I gave in, closing my eyes and letting him take me away to whatever faith he has in store for me. Instead, I felt a hand grip softly on my shoulder.

"(Y/n), honey are you alright? What are you looking at?"

My mother said. She glances out of my window and trying to find the thing that I was looking at. I looked at her as I was still processing what was happening to me. He was standing there, I was sure of it and I felt the grip he had around me. I snapped out of my thoughts as my mother shook me a bit.

"It was nothing. I just thought I saw someone standing by the woods."

She hesitated then smiled but I could clearly see the look of concern on her face.

"Alright sweetie, dinner is ready downstairs. Come down after you do what you need to do."

"Thanks, mom."

She walks out of my room and closed the door behind her. I took a minute to think. It was dark out, how long was I standing here? Did everything from earlier really happened to me or was it all a hallucination. Despite the stressful event, I decided to try forgetting about and move on with my life. Besides, I have a lot to do.

However, as I was walking down to the dining room, I can't get the thought that he had every chance to take me away but he didn't.

"Why didn't he take me?"