Chapter Three

I watched as the world sort of pushed behind me as I ran up to a high cliff. My dark turquoise eyes gleamed with happiness and pride. At that moment, I noticed something different inside and outside of me. This was the feeling I was longing for. The feeling I desperately needed. It was the feeling of once in my life of being free.
And my face. . .
I noticed my mask was gone.
I noticed something different.
Something that made me more happier. . .
I no longer had my scar.
My paws kept up pace and I urged further to the edge. As I let my feet lift me in the air, I thought I might fall, but something stopped me from tumbling.
Something stopped me from my own death.
I checked back over my shoulder, and saw two beautiful angelic wings. They were made of white feathers, each layering each other and glimmered with all their glory in the light of the moon.
I soared. I soared so high, I couldn't believe the view. It was breathtaking.
A beautiful waterfall flowed from a cliff and into a series of smaller waterfalls that eventually led to the end into a river. Cherry blossom trees and lots of flowers accompanied by the river.
Over behind the waterfall sat mountains. One side had snow, while the side behind the waterfall had forests.
There was evidence of a beach just beside the end to the mountains, and then a section of desert. There was a big tree that sat in a smaller desert, not really a desert, more like a savannah, and had a serious pit of mud. There was also canyons and small valleys.
But right in the middle, was Jamaa.
I knew this had to be all the other lands that were linked to Jamaa.
Before I could mention each name, something hit me in the chest.
Something so painful.
My wings dissapeared. My happiness vanished.
My scar. . .was back.
Then my heart grieved with drepession as I hit the river.
It felt like currents were pulling me deeper into the unknown.
The water grew darker, and darker, and darker. . .
My eyes stung. It could have been from tears, or the water, or both.
But just then, just before I was sure this was my end and how I would die, just before I was about to give up hope and close my eyes, I heard a voice.
The voice was soft and gentle. It belonged to a female.
I wanted to grasp the voice longer. My wish was granted.
My head swirled with the mysterious words as I woke from my slumber.
I silently repeated them under my breath.
Fear not. For when the time is right. . .
You will be free. . .

____________________________________________________

I had went back to sleep that night, hoping to dream that dream again. The part where I was soaring and safe. But that dream was no longer available, leaving me with no dream at all.
My ears twitched to the sound of metal against metal.
It was monkey guard. He certainly had a weird way with waking people.
I scoffed to myself and kept my head down.
I suddenly felt anger. I felt trapped.
I knew I could no longer take this.
I had to find a way out.
But I knew if I did escape I would be hunted down.
Word spreads fast through Jamaa.
Especially if my skull mask can't even hide my identity now.
I thought monkey guard was going to say all the accusations, which he thought was the truth, but to me I was still innocent, back at me. But something surprisingly different happened instead.
He stared at me and gestured to come forth.
I reluctantly followed.
He closed the prison cell's gate and grabbed me by the arm, and instead of using hand cuffs, he just kept holding my arm to the commander's office.
What was going on?
Was I going to be brought to death for something I hadn't even done?
I swallowed a hard lump as I entered Commander Jame's office.
If that was so, to me he was still just "commander". Because right now, I felt like using my sword if I had it.
The commander nodded as he gestured me to sit.
I stayed standing though.
"I have the release here for your freedom," he waved some papers in the air. It also held gems attached to it. "A strange jammer dropped them off just this morning."
I frowned.
How could that be?
I knew no one.
He looked at me strangely.
"I thought you would be happy to leave."
"Of course I am. And I still hadn't scammed," I held my breath, ready to say something back. I knew he would correct me with his saying.
But no.
He just nodded.
"I thought about what you said yesterday. We checked through your stuff, your satchel. Nothing."
I cringed because I hated people through my personal stuff. But nodded back.
"This means Im leaving? For good?"
He nodded again.
"You're free to go, Trixie Livestone."