4

The war was sore on both sides, they had lost many in the summer months, now they were aching through the fall. With a grey and white Uchiha crest emblazoned on her back, Kri went to war with them against the Leaf and she was hailed as the Bear of the Uchiha. She fought where she was told to, but given the opportunities, she took to Madara's side most often. She was drawn to him, his strength, his belief, his resolve. Although, in her heart the pondered if he was the demon on the battlefield he portrayed to be, or if the demon was simply a product of his reactions to his circumstances. She had realized she chose the darker grey of the two options, but she couldn't help but feel like there was still hope. She fought hard, and sustained a lot of injuries, her allies often admonishing her for being reckless. 

Madara loved to watch Kri dance, slicing open the enemy and the smell of the battlefield lingering on her hair at camp. Her blue eyes shining against the crusted blood and dirt on her flesh. He loved the way his clansmen loved her, the way she fostered a deep bond between them both on and off the battlefield. She was a warrior unlike any in his lifetime, a woman that demanded respect through her actions on and off the battlefield. A woman of her word and a caretaker of the battle weary. He stood from where he sat around the fire, the battle lost in the minds of most of the shinobi for the time being. 

"How long has it been since you joined us on the battlefield, Little Bear?" He asked, the group quieting at his question. She blinked.

"I don't remember, Lord Madara. Months? Feels like ages." She answered honestly, looking up at him, exhaustion on her features, blood and dirt caked on her armor.

"Stand." He commanded and turned her to face him, all eyes on both of them. "You have served with distinction and have been loyal, almost to a fault." He smirked and bit his thumb, reaching behind her to her grey and white crest. "You are one of us now." He stated, coloring in the grey with his blood, an awe murmuring through the group. Her heart was elated, bubbling at the thought. She belonged somewhere again. A fire grew in her, to protect them. To do everything she couldn't do for her past life, she would do here. 

"Welcome, Kri Uchiha." 

Kri fought harder the next day, earning the attention of a particular Senju on the battlefield. They sparred, her only advantage against his speed and skill was her unpredictability. It didn't take him long to figure her out though, his sword sliced through her armor, cutting into her flesh before she had a chance to do anything. She spewed blood and toppled over on the ground. His white hair and red markings distinguished him from the rest. He snatched her up by her collar and looked her directly in the eyes, noting their blueness. 

"You're not one of them." He mumbled, half disappointed. She growled, and slammed her head into his face, breaking his nose. He dropped her immediately, cursing and swinging is sword to strike her again. It collided with a strange thud.

Madara stood over her, gunbai stopping the Senju's swing. "Uchiha Reflection!" He shouted, wind and power emitting from the weapon and blasting the enemy backwards. She rolled, trying to get to her feet, her abdomen bleeding profusely. Her vision started to go black.