9

Days later, when the envoy arrived with the instructions for the peace treaty talks, Madara and Kri set out with a small band of Uchiha shinobi for the Leaf. Madara had convinced the counsel to put aside their hatred for the moment to let fire try to burn out the underbrush of the leaf, so that everyone could start anew. The townspeople gasped as he and Kri walked through the village, making their way to the Hokage offices, to the meeting room where they would face and discuss the past for an opportunity at a brighter future. 

The guards opened the door to the meeting room, Hashirama, Tobirama, and her sisters were waiting inside already. He moved forward first, greeting them with handshakes. Kri's eyes landed on her sisters, and her mouth and body would not react.

Worried and distant stares from her sisters loomed over the room. She couldn't blame them though. They had gone through a lot, and they had felt betrayed. Kri tried to solidify her resolve, this was the best option for everyone involved. She knew it. She just needed them to know it. A strong and heavy hand landed on her shoulder and squeezed a bit, an indication of 'I am here.' Her eyes and face broke contact with the two women on the opposite side of the ornate meeting room, and turned upwards to her left connecting with dark orbs of strength. He nodded at her, and motioned for her to sit. They all sat down in the room. Her sisters behind the Senju Brothers, the Hokage and Tobirama. Their robes light and full of color, a contrast to hers and Madara's. She opened her mouth but the words would not leave. After agonizing moments she spoke.

"I know don't believe you've done anything wrong but you need to know what you've done. You need to understand that things will never go back to the way they were before the Uchiha left the village." When the story had concluded, her sisters were in tears, trying to hold their composure. Tobirama sat stoic, as if it meant nothing, and Hashirama was obviously touched. Kri hadn't told them everything, she wouldn't dare mention her infatuation with Madara in front of her sisters right now, but she had told them the truth about the Uchiha and how they had suffered and continued to suffer despite trying to fight for their rights as equals. "We want to ensure that when we return to the village, our clan, and no other clan, or race, or religion of people are treated the way we were." She spoke. "We are here for the future, not on account of the past."

"If you are willing, we are able to move forward." Madara stated, his face as hard as Tobirama's, but his heart was burning with fire again.

The talks were successful, and the Uchiha were made into the Police Force for the village, they augmented all the guard duties, and Madara became the Shadow of the Hokage, atoning for the blood spilt as an adviser and a warrior when Hashirama could not leave the village. It took a lot of time, and Kri dedicated herself to public speaking on peace and equality among people. She worked with other Uchiha and Senju to actively engage discrimination and did her best to earn her sisters' trust again. For the Uchiha that found it hard to integrate, Kri worked with them to give them their own space to live and thrive, while maintaining free movement for everyone in the village. Her sisters, now elite kunoichi for the Leaf, worked with the Leaf to give all children the opportunity to attend the Academy, while completing missions for the village.