Chapter 2. Under pressure

Heracles P.O.V

People may think that things come easy to me but only I alpha king Heracles Zelus, know how hard I had to work to be in the position that I now was in. My father alpha Zelus made sure that I was experienced enough to handle any kind of situation and I started my training at a young age of four. The previous alpha king was a tyrant and he never believed in giving women and omegas equal rights.

My father thought me from the early age on that everyone deserved to receive equal chances to succeed in this world and told me that it was his dream to make me the next alpha king which I did but it wasn't as easy as it sounds. The previous alpha king was powerful but I didn't care because the person who gave me the strength to withstand anything was beside me at that time.

My parents weren't even surprised when I started showing interest in Attis Leon an omega who was born on the same day as me. Attis made me forget all about my fatigue and failures and I could be my true self with him. My parents accepted him despite him being the son of two ordinary omegas and everyone expected him to be my mate. Attis joined our training sessions despite my protests and said that he wanted to prove to my pack members that he was worthy to be called my other half.

This made me fall in love with Attis even more but the fact that he could get hurt easily always caused fear in my mind. I vowed to myself that I would always be around Attis to protect him if something went wrong and made sure that we were together in all our classes when we were still young. My father was one of the members of the schools committee so it was relatively easy for him to do so. The school was ruled by children from my pack because there were many of us and we made sure that everything went smoothly.

There was no bullying allowed and kids from other packs came to me when they needed help. Except for one boy, everyone respected and adored me and that made me curious about this certain boy. He was a good looking boy called Kasadya Rofocale and he attracted everyone's attention the moment he walked into a room. Girls were gushing over him but it looked like he didn't care about all the attention that he received from others. I had many opportunities to talk to this boy but I decided to stay away from him when I sensed that he was dangerous.

Kasadya on his part made sure that no one could approach him and only participated in activities that were mandatory. I had noticed him observing many kids and dark energy oozed out of him every time he saw them doing something stupid. He always snickered in amusement at the kids when that happened and it always felt like he was planning something. I had never even seen him talk to anyone and asked Attis who was friendly with everyone not to approach Kasadya.

Imagine my surprise when our gym teacher decided to put Attis on the same team as Kasadya one day. I could sense that Kasadya was up to no good the moment he heard the gym teacher call out Attis name and I tried to stop Attis from participating in the match but he was stubborn so ignored my pleas. I was biting my nails the whole time the match was going on and my heart skipped a beat when I saw Kasadya push Attis to the floor suddenly. I was blinded by rage and slapped Kasadya as hard as could in anger. My hand burned the moment it touched Kasadya's cheek and I looked in shock at him when I realized who he actually was.

Kasadya had his eyes closed and it looked like he was trying to control his powers. I was just about to ask him if he was alright when the other kids from my pack pushed him aside so they could tend to Attis. I lost sight of Kasadya after that and I had to hear Attis complain about how big of a bully I actually was. Attis told me that he wouldn't talk to me unless I apologized to Kasadya but he was nowhere to be seen. I later found out that he had moved to another city and I decided not to tell my father about this incident.

I concentrated on bettering myself after that and became strong enough to challenge the previous alpha king on my eighteenth birthday. I had just went through my mating ceremony and I was over the moon when I found out that Attis was my true mate. My father received a letter from alpha king Egan on the same night saying that he was banning our pack and taking everything that we owned before we could even complete our mating rituals and all because I, the future alpha of the Zelus pack was mated to an omega.