Chapter 14. The shapeshifter's ball Part4

Heracles P.O.V

Malphas stopped acting like he was dying the moment he recognized Kasadya and I chuckled when I saw him fall backwards on the grass from the shock. The man called Griffin didn't seem to realize who Kasadya was while Diana quickly got up and then went to stand next to her mate to support him. She probably felt the angel of death's immense power like all of us and knew that things wouldn't end well for her mate. I decided that it was best to change back into my human form seeing how Kasadya was already handling the situation and Corban threw some clothes at me. I quickly wore the sweatpants and t shirt that Corban gave me and then walked towards Theo to pick him up.

I then suddenly noticed my parents and my men looking in fear at Kasadya and mind linked them to say "Don't worry guys, he won't do anything to you unless you irk him so stay out of his way". I could sense that everyone was curious about why the angel of death was married to me and my mother was just about to reply to me when I heard Kasadya say "My father must me truly regretting his decision to save you right now Malphas. I shouldn't have listened to him and killed you like I wanted all those years ago when you so boldly tried to rebel against me". Malphas started shaking in fear and Kasadya then asked him "Tell me where this so called true heir of Hades is hiding Malphas?"

Malphas replied to Kasadya then with "I don't know my lord" and I heard my mother groan from behind me. Theo motioned my mother to stay quiet and I knew exactly why. It truly felt like one false move would make you lose your head and I didn't even know if there was a way to calm Kasadya down in a situation like this. Kasadya looked truly scary in his true form but I had a feeling that what we were seeing wasn't all of it. Kasadya started breaking Malphas fingers one by one when he didn't get a satisfying answer from him and I suddenly felt my mother's hand on my shoulder.

"This is exactly the reason why I didn't want you to marry some stranger Herac" uttered my mother suddenly and I groaned inwardly when I heard Theo say "But papa is no stranger to me grandma". My mother shook her head at Theo and we all then heard Malphas scream. I quickly looked into his direction to see what was going on and my eyes widened in shock when I saw that Malphas was now missing a leg. The alphas were hiding their mates and children behind them and I asked myself if it was possible to free yourself from Kasadya's clutches.

"Tell me where he is or I'll eat you alive Malphas" said Kasadya while looking at Malphas like he was a delicious piece of meat and I shook my head when I heard him reply to the angel of death with "Why don't you ask Griffin where he is my lord, he's Zagreus Stavros right hand man". Kasadya chuckled while looking at Griffin and then replied to Malphas with "If that's so then I don't need you anymore Malphas". Malphas started struggling to get free the moment he heard Kasadya utter those words and I heard everyone gasp when the angel of death changed into his giant evil form.

My mother grabbed my father's hand in fear when she saw Kasadya's sharp red horns and his huge sharp scythe and I was tempted to say "I told you not to mess with him" but changed my mind when I sensed how truly afraid my mother was. Theo looked in awe at Kasadya but then quickly closed his eyes when he saw that his so called papa was about to eat Malphas. Kasadya opened his mouth and then slowly carried the screaming Malphas to his mouth. All the alpha's children started crying and I heard one of the boys who had bullied Theo yell "Please make him stop daddy!"

Kasadya ignored everyone and then slowly swallowed the crying and screaming Malphas. He then uttered while rubbing his stomach "What a vile taste but I hope that this satisfies your hunger for blood". Vasilios perked up his ear the moment he heard Kasadya utter those words and we were just about to get a breakthrough when Griffin started firing his gun at my so called husband. Kasadya growled loudly and then walked menacingly up to Griffin. He was just about to grab Griffin by his throat when a huge dragon flew in full speed at him. The dragon hit Kasadya's stomach in full force and I looked in shock at the angel of death when I heard him groan in pain.