Chapter 43. The ones who called him omega Part 1

Maximus P.O.V

I could feel everyone's intense gaze on me and my mind instantly started strategizing about our next step but I failed in keeping the boys out of my plans no matter how many times I tried. The fact still remained if Kasadya and Heracles would allow them to go on such a dangerous mission and I got startled when I heard the ruler of the underworld ask me "Are you planning on telling us about your plans sometime today or tomorrow Maximus because the clock is ticking and if we want to get everyone out of that cave alive than we should act now".

I sighed and I was just about to share my thoughts regarding the war with Kasadya and Heracles when I heard someone say through my mind link "Don't be afraid Maximus Bloodstone, It's now time for you to learn about your true purpose in life so don't hesitate and tell the alpha king and the ruler of the underworld what your plans are". It was a woman's voice and I clenched my fists when I realized that the moon goddess had finally spoken to me after so many years. I was just about to ask her a question when I sensed that she was gone and I instantly felt depressed. I didn't know what to do at that moment because her beautiful voice and the things that she had said were still haunting me.

I then suddenly heard Adrian call out to me with "Maximus?" in concern and my eyes instantly fell on Zeus who was grinning the whole time at me. Theo and Victor were looking at me full of anticipation too and I then decided to reveal my plans to Kasadya and Heracles while still keeping in mind that I now had the moon goddess on my side. I turned around so I could face the alpha king and the ruler of the underworld properly and then said "I have come up with a great solution to our problem my king, my lord but I will need the boys help to make my plans successful. I know that asking for the boys help is a little bit too much but I promise you that we can even avoid this whole war if we play our cards right and use them".

I could sense how shocked Kasadya's men were especially Calix and I prepared myself for the worst reaction. Heracles stood up from his chair without saying anything and then walked slowly to the window of his office. He then sighed and said "Seeing what happened in your premonition Maximus, avoiding the war would be our best option but I don't see why Kasadya and I can't handle this situation by ourselves. I doubt that we can't do things in the same fashion as the boys would". I knew that if I wanted Kasadya and Heracles to agree with my plans then I would have to hold my ground so I carefully replied to Heracles then with "I can't ask you two to carry out this mission because the world and underworld needs to think that you both are still struggling to find your true enemies".

"I think that the boys are the most suitable ones to carry out this mission and I will now explain to you all why. The best way to handle this situation in my opinion is, by making our enemies think that they have succeeded in killing the alphas and their heirs. They created an illusion to capture them then why can't we create an illusion to make them think that they managed to slaughter them all. We can easily shift the alphas and their heirs to somewhere safe and keep them their until the war is over. We'll mask their presence of course and then erase their memories when the time comes because I'm certain that they won't understand what's going on. They still think that the alpha king is behind their misery so we can tackle that problem by doing so too. Beside you two, the boys are the only ones powerful enough to carry out such a delicate mission because one false move could lead to the death of us all".

Kasadya chuckled menacingly suddenly and then uttered "I like your plan Maximus but the fact still remains that you want us to put our children in danger. Next thing we know, you'll be asking them to infiltrate the enemy base and I don't think that I have the strength to let them do so. There is no doubt that the boys are powerful but we can't ignore the fact that they are still children, you never know when they decide to disobey you or act on their impulse". I quickly stood up when I heard what Kasadya had said and then said while bowing my head to him "I promise to guide the boys throughout this whole mission my lord and if you still have doubts then I'll ask their grandfather to assist me. I'm certain that I'll manage to lead them on a glorious path with his help my lord".