(y/n) couldn't concentrate in class today.

lots of tiny, unimportant thoughts were filled in her mind.

her eyes would steal glances at tsukishima. every time she did that, she would find herself looking at someone who is also looking at someone else. she followed his gaze and it ended at her friend. it was clear now that tsukishima kei, her crush, is now looking and her friend, who also has a crush on him.

"(y/n) (l/n), could you repeat what i said earlier?" a voice darted from the front of the classroom directed to her.

"sorry, i wasn't listening." (y/n) said with a guilty look on her eyes.

"pay attention next time, okay?" her teacher asked her as she nods.

her teacher repeated what he said and it was then clear that the students were to partner up with a classmate to do group work. it wasn't a project, it was just a class assessment.

write after her teacher mentioned the word partner, her eyes darted to her friend, only to see her partnered up with tsukishima. she let out a sigh, thinking that this "group work" would be better if she did it alone. the number of students in her class summed up together was an odd amount, so one of the students would have to work alone. (y/n) sacrificed and do her "group work" alone.

she let out another sigh and tears started to trickle down her face without herself even realizing it. (y/n) expected her friend to be there for her like she did for her friend. but it was just an expectation.