"(y/n)-chan! today is the day. i will confess today!" was what her friend said before she runs toward tsukishima giggling like there would be no tomorrow.

it was two days after the group work incident, her friend and tsukishima obviously had gotten closer since that day. they were talking a lot more which made (y/n) feel nothing but hopeless. after all, (y/n) shouldn't be "competing" with her friend about these things in the first place... right?

(y/n) was feeling depressed for most of the day.

she knew it was going to end this way.

she knew this was is going to come.

she knew she wouldn't have a chance.

it was so miserable; the fact that she couldn't escape reality, was miserable.

---

it was the end of the day, the time where her friend will confess to tsukishima kei. she couldn't help but follow her friend to the gym. it happened in front of the gym, before volleyball practice.

"tsukkishima-kun, i've been wanting to tell you this for the past couple of weeks, i like you! please accept my confession!" was what her friend stated.

"sure. be my girlfriend then." at this moment (y/n)'s heart broke. tears were streaming down her face uncontrollably. tiny sobs were heard, (y/n) covered her mouth with her hand but she was sure they heard it, they both pulled away from their kiss and looked where the noise was from.

(y/n) couldn't protest the events that were happening. the only thing she could possibly do was run. so she did.