Ch 20 - Honour The Code

I could hear voices outside the door as I walked past to go to the kitchen. "What are you doing here?"

"You're pregnant?" the other person asked. I froze since they sounded like they were male.

"Wyatt, what are you doing here?" my wife repeated. That's when I knew I had to stay close to the door.

I swear there's something unstable about this Wyatt guy.

"You're fucking pregnant London? Is it his child? Lazwas it?" he questioned.

"You have some nerve to show up here and cuss at me after I explicitly told you not to come back. I'm not even going to get started on you thinking I owe you any kind of explanation or any answers for that matter. Get out of my way," she told him.

"Answer my question first," he demanded.

I couldn't even begin to imagine how livid she was since my own anger almost blinded me as I opened the door. "Do we have a problem here?"

The man is considerably shorter than me, and his eyes widened a little when they landed on me. London looked visibly relieved to see me before she managed to move past him and come to me.

"Wyatt here was just leaving," she said, glaring at him.

"Who are you?" he had the nerve to ask me.

"Who are you?" I returned the question.

"I'm her fiancé," he said proudly.

I scowled, looking to my wife. "Mrs Diaz, is polygamy a legal thing here? It isn't back home so I'm not sure if you can take on a second husband."

She bit her lip to keep from laughing while Wyatt's eyes looked like they'd roll out from their sockets soon. "Mrs Diaz?"

"The name's Cuba Laz Diaz, otherwise known as MrDiaz," I told him.

He took a while to process my words, before turning to my wife. "Is this why you broke up with me? Because I wouldn't have sex with you?"

"Excuse me? Are you suggesting that I'm a whore?" she asked disbelievingly.

"Why else would you go off and marry some man you barely know and have a baby with him?" he questioned.

"I, why, how? You know what? I don't have time for this," she said before walking inside, leaving me outside with him.

"This is the only time I will tell you this. Whatever you had with my wife has passed. She will never again be yours. She doesn't think about you, let alone speak your name anymore, so I would suggest you get a grip on moving on with your life without her. She's never coming back to you," I told him.

He looked intimidated, despite the false bravery on his face. He looked like he wanted to say something else, so I raised an eyebrow, daring him. He was wise enough to know not to even try it as he sighed and turned to leave.

I closed the door and checked the time. It was five in the evening, and I wasn't sure what time we were meeting her dad for dinner, if she'd even remembered to text him. I headed to the kitchen and she was packing food into the cupboard.

"Are you ok?" I asked her.

"Despite the little incident that just took place with that moron, I'm actually great. I had a wonderful time with the girls, and I refuse to have Wyatt affect my life in any kind of way. He no longer has that privilege," she smiled.

I went up to wrap my arms around her. "I'm proud of you."

"I'm proud of me too," she said cheekily.