Chapter 6

The next mourning was anything but pleasant. Shadow Weaver ambushed me in the kitchen as soon as I came down stairs. She poured me a cup of coffee and sat down beside me at the kitchen table. 

"Adora, I know you're a good kid, but you're making all the wrong choices." Shadow Weaver said.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't want you seeing Catra anymore. Especially not romantically."

"Seriously?!"

"Don't talk back to me. Remember everything I've given you, and that I could take it all back." she said in an uncomfortably calm voice. 

"I'm sorry. I just don't think it's fair."

"As long as you live with me you will listen to me."

I didn't have anything to say to Shadow Weaver. I couldn't wait until I left her home. Then there wouldn't be anyone telling me what to do or who I was aloud to love. 

"Got it?" she asked forcefully. I nodded my head. "I'll meet you in the car. From now on I will be taking you to and from school."

"Okay." I said.

I walked out to the car and sat in the passenger seat. I wanted to cry, but I couldn't. Not when Shadow Weaver could get in and see me at any moment. Instead I checked my phone. I had missed a text from bow. 

MomFriend: You missed a lot. See you at school? 

Shadow Weaver got in. I shot her an angry look and put my phone back in my pocket. We spent the rest of the five minute drive to school in silence.

When I got out of the car Glimmer and Bow were waiting by the front door. 

"Was that your foster mom?" Bow asked me.

"Yeah." I said in a monotone voice.

"Is everything good?" Glimmer asked.

"Yeah. I just had a crazy day yesterday," I hated the attention, so I brushed it off. " but I heard so did you."

"How?" she asked.

"Spinnerella and Netossa." 

"I didn't know you knew them."

"I don't."  Glimmer looked at me inquisitively. "Spinnerella kinda ambushed Catra and me at the coffee shop. She talked to us about what happened."

"So... Catra?" Glimmer said elbowing me in the side. She shot me a smile. I could tell it was forced, but at least she was making an effort.

"Yes, Catra." Bow echoed.

"Do we have to talk about it right now?" I sighed.

"No, but Glimmer and I will get it out of you sooner our later."

"Let's just drop it, or we're going to be late."

"Thank you Glimmer!" I said.

When we got to class, Catra was sitting at the lab bench waiting for we.

"Hey Adora."

"Hi Catra."

Bow squeezed my shoulder and sat down at the bench with Glimmer.

I wasn't really paying attention to what the teacher was saying. I already read the directions, so it wasn't really necessary. I probably should have payed moire attention. I knew what to do, but not why. Basically we were burning food under empty La Croix cans and measuring whatever is needed to fill out the data chart. I set the lab up while Catra was eating some of the popcorn. 

"You know your not supposed to eat or drink anything in the lab right? It's like the number one rule."

"There aren't any dangerous chemicals out or anything. Also I skipped breakfast."

"God Catra. You're literally the worst."

"Literally?"

"You know what I mean."

"Girls, focus." Mrs. Anderson snapped.

"Sorry." Catra said rolling her eyes. 

I could feel Bow and Glimmer watching me. I tried to ignore them, but it didn't work. It also didn't help that Catra looked good with her hair up. Even in lab goggles. 

When the bell rang Bow and Glimmer rushed off to their next class, so Catra walked me to Spanish. She held my hand the entire way their. I felt all warm and fuzzy. I didn't want the bell to ring, but it did. 

I sat down at my seat. I sat next to a freshman named Frosta. She was nice, but a little reserved. 

"Shit." I didn't have a pencil. "Um... Frosta, can I borrow a writing utensil?"

See looked frustrated, and I thought she was going to say no.

"Sure." she said riffling through her back pack. Frosta pulled out a neon gel pen. "I hope this is okay."

"Thank you so much."

"No problem. Just don't forget to give it back."

"I won't."

Spanish class was really boring today. I just had to make it to art. Then I would get to see Catra. I know that everyone would probably make fun of me if they saw how love struck I was. I know we only just got back together, but I think that you just pick up were you left off. 

We just took notes on cubism in art. It was boring, but joking around with Catra made it bearable. 

Bearable. My life was bearable. There were shitty parts, but I was going to be okay.

________________________________________________________________________________

I know this chapter isn't very long, but I wanted it to end there. Thanks to everyone who has been reading and voting. I'll post an update soon.