Note To Self: Dont Throw Away Shot

~Alex~

I wake up on my bed with the worst headache ever. I sit up on the edge of the bed with my hands on my face.

Well, until I felt something stuck to me.

It turned out to be a note with someone's number on it. I'm only half awake when I read it. What the heck happened last night?

While recalling my memories I suddenly feel sick. I sprint to the bathroom, tripping over a pistol that was lying on the floor.

After purging my guts, I sit next to the toilet and take out my personal phone. I glance at the note.

I dont see what harm can come from it. Still tired and dazed I call the number.

"Hello?" I say.

"Oh hey, you actually called" they say.

"Wha- who is this?"

Dont you remember? Its me John!

"John...Adams? Fuck you! You've insulted me enough-"

Not john Adams...

"Trumball? Hey you painted a nice picture of us but i think we're good-"

No, it's John laurens

"John Laurens? Why does that sound familiar..." I trail off.

Geez, you must've been really drunk to not remember. We met at the bar last night. I gave you a ride home because you could barely walk

"Ohh... Wait, I woke up in bed...did we?"

What?! No definitely not!

"Ok? Well why'd you give me your number"

He started talking but i got distracted by a noise. My work phone buzzed with a new message.

Unknown: is john dead yet?

Oh shi- I was supposed to kill John! Wait, what if he saw the gun? I begin to stand when I practically slammed my head on the sink and fell down again.

"Fuck..." I mutter.

Are you ok? I heard a noise

"Yeah im fine... Ugh...Hey by any chance did you see anything in my pocket when you dropped me off?"

I thought it was just your phone or something

"Hey uhh...can we meet at the coffee shop on 181st?

Sure

I hang up. Now i have to try again at killing Laurens. I don't even bother changing clothes. I just put my phones in my back pockets and my gun in my side pocket; covering it with my shirt.

Ok Alex, dont screw this up again. Hes just another target like the others.

I quickly sprint to the coffee shop while ignoring my headache. I see Laurens waving at me at a table inside. I join him, keeping my hand in my pocket with the gun.

"Nice seeing you again" he says with a smile.

"Yeah you too..." I mumble. I'm still tired and my headache is killing me!

"You seem...different. Did you get enough sleep?"

"I mean, i was drunk so who knows."

"Then whats wrong?"

"Why do you care?" I growl.

"I just care, is there something wrong with that?" He seemed legitimately hurt and I felt guilty.

"S-sorry. Its just uhh work" i say while slowly taking my gun out under the table.

"Really? What job do you have? I havent seen you around any of the colleges"

"Thats because I don't go to college. And my job is classified."

"Come on, it cant be that bad. Where do you work? McDonald's?"

"No I just can't tell you"

"Fine. Well you haven't told me your name"

"Alexander Hamilton"

"That's nice-"

My work phone starts ringing which catches me off guard, making me almost drop the gun. I shove it in my pocket and take out my phone.

Crap, its Washington

"I should take this..." I stand up and go to the bathroom.

I answer the phone and im met with a slightly annoyed voice.

"Sir! What seems to be the problem?"

Apparently theres been a report of you not doing your job

I hear the bathroom door open behind me but ignore it.

"Sir, i dont know what you've heard but whatever it is, jefferson started it"

Well... Someone said they hired you but your target isnt dead. Is this true?

"T-there may have been a change of plans..."

Son...

"Dont call me son-"

That's beside the point...son... If you fail to kill them or you're protecting them-

"Yeah, I know, I'll be fired. Literally. You werent exactly subtle with that warning during training"

Just dont screw up

"Yeah, Yeah, i got the point, dad"

What was that? Please repeat that, youre on speaker

"Fuck you!" I yell before hanging up. He knows im joking with that last comment but now hes never going to stop calling me son!

Welp, goodbye john

I sigh before walking towards the door.

~"Showtime"~