chapter 6

Mark POV

A freak of nature, an experiment of the brines and the half-blind man. That's who I am now. I know there are more elites somewhere... but i don't know where to go.

"WHY!!!!!!!!??" I screamed to the air "Why does this have to happen to me??!!..."

I felt something near me. I looked at my sword and was shocked to see it shining. It isn't even enchanted. It glowed a dark blue aura andthe writings in my sword floated in to the air. I now know what they say..

"Son, don't give up in your journey. Protect your friends no matter what. This sword has a power than only you could access... the power of hope. This sword was an experiment, an experiment for rebellion and freedom. Now you know the truth of this sword. Good Luck... Mark."

I was shocked on what I have seen. I have left my friends when they needed me. What have I done. Quickly, I grabbed my sword and ran back to the camp. But I was stopped by that soldier again.

"It's a pleasure to meet you one more time.." he said with an evil grin

"Get out of the way or else" I told him, getting ready to strike.

"So be it. Amatu espirtu dathus!" He said, with a wave of his hand. Suddenly a giant shadow appeared right behind him and went straight for me.

Luke POV

As we walked through the forest, we saw a dark blue aura somewhere in the middle of the woods. Then we saw a gaint shadow appear out of nowhere. A scream broke the silence.

"Quickly, Mark might be there!" I yelled to the group as I ran through to the middle of the forest. As we arrive, we saw the brine soldier and Mark. He was fighting the shadow.

"Mark! Hold on!" I yelled to him.

"Jacob, Kate, help Mark while me and the rest will fight the brine soldier." They nodded at me and went.

"Stop right there or you will get it!" I yelled at the brine soldier and striked him with all I got.

Kate POV

There was this giant shadow attacking mark and me and jacob where helping him. The monster seems to be a dark aura, a rare monster. We helped Mark the best we can.

"What are you guys doing here!?." Mark asked us with a worried expression in his face.

"Where here to help you!." I answered. As the monster attacked us again, I saw he was aiming for Mark.

"Defensus Shieldus Protectus" Jacob chanted and formed a shield sorrounding us. The moster became a giant spear and broke throigh the shield, heading straight for Mark. Without thinking, I pushed him out of the way and feel an unbearable pain shot through my body. My vision becoming blurry.

Mark POV

It was heading straight for me when Kate pushed and watched in horror as the the dark spear went through her stomach.

"KATE!!!!!!" I heade straight for the monster and peirced it with my sword. Suddenly it retreated back to the brine soldier, leaving Kate bleeding on the ground.

"It's seems the party is over boy. But don't worry, i'll be back." The soldier said and with a poof of smoke, they dissappeared.

I rushed to wherr Kate was. She's breating but I see a small but visible cut in her abdomen area. Sorroumding it was black goo.

"Kate!! Please tell me your ok... please....please..." I told her. Then she oppened her eyes and smiled at me weakly. Then she said.

"Mark? I'm g-glad you're ok. I-i wish i can stay awake longer *cough*. Just know that I-I-......." she stopped and looked at me one more time and her eyes closed.

"Kate? Kate!? No no no no..."

I felt a hand on my shoulder, it was Jacob.

"Don't worry. I can heal her. I hope we are not too late." He said. Then he kneeled down near Kate and made her drank a potion.

"I'm not sure how long this will take. It could be days,weeks,months or even years depending on her condition"

"Ok. I'll wait..." I replied. Then I kissed Kate on tthw cheek. "Get well soon..."

Short still but school days so yah