Chapter 17: The Trick

I spawned underground. It took me awhile to dig out, as all I had was a stone pick axe. When I finally emerged I was immediately freaked out. I was surrounded by Enderman. There were strange towers all around me. The Enderdragon was flying above.

I had read that the strange towers allowed the Enderdragon to heal itself. I had to destroy those towers. I shot at the tops of the towers, where there seemed to be fires burning. After a few arrows I hit it. After what seemed to be an explosion, the tower was destroyed. I grinned. One down.

I shot at the other  towers. Sadly, I missed a lot, and had only two stacks left. It was still enough to kill him, I thought. I shot at him. A few arrows missed, but most of them hit. This is too easy I thought, as I fired the last shot.

The Enderdragon burst into  experience. Levels rained down. That was too easy. Wait a minute..... that was too easy. I peered around, searching for some sign of trouble.

Suddenly, all of the Enderman began to grow. They shifted and morphed until...... Until they were full sized dragons. They flew into the air, crackling with delight.

Evil laughter echoed from somewhere to my right.

"Foolish girl. Did you really think you could defeat me?" More laughter. I thought I recognized the voice.

"I needed you to kill me so my essence could rain down upon the Endermen. They will join me, and we will take back the overworld. We will kill the humans. They will all die."

I know that voice, I thought.

"Are you a coward? Come out and fight!" I heard my voice quiver.

"Oh, but I'm done with you. You have served your purpose."

Out stepped the guard who had let me into Alex's cell. I didn't understand why he looked so much like me.

"Surely you recognize family?" He asked. My name is Gerald Hegar, and I am your Great great great great great great grandfather."