Chapter 1: P r e s e n t D a y

I Nicki p.o.v

"Morning my baby Dessi." I practically sang to my 6-year-old daughter.

"Morning mommy!" She exclaimed as she hopped up out her bed running into my arms

I scooped her up and went to my room.

"How did you sleep?" I asked as I set her down on my bed.

"Good. What about you mommy?" She smiled as she lifted her hands over her head.

I helped her take off her nightshirt and started to put her clothes on her.

"Great Dessie. You ready to go by grandmas for the weekend?" I finished putting her pants on her and tickled her stomach.

She giggled as she flopped down on my bed holding her stomach.

"Stop it, mommy." I laughed and picked up her shirt.

"I like going by grandmas. She makes cookies every day." She wiggled her head through and I gasped.

"I told her not to give you sweets." I groaned and she covered her mouth as she looked down.

"Sorry mommy it was a secret." She pouted and I scooped her up in my arms.

"It's an okay baby. You not in trouble but ya grandma is." I walked her into the kitchen and sat her in her booster seat at the table.

"What type of cereal you want a baby?" I asked getting out two bowls and spoons.

"Frosted flakes!" She exclaimed and I laughed.

Younger children are so easy to please. I just hoped she stayed like this forever, but lord knows that's a joke.

-+-

I knocked on my mother's door vigorously. Breakfast with Dessi ran a little later than normal. She went to the bathroom and made a mess with the tissue all over the place. Talking about how she was a mummy. It was cute but she can't get used to doing that. I rolled my eyes as I banged harder on the door for my mother.

She opened it exclaiming "What Onika! I was cooking child!"

"Mama I have 6 clients booked today and I'm already an hour late. Please don't get me started today." I warned and she rolls her eyes.

"Alright, c'mon Dessi baby. Say bye to mama." She said and took her bag and hand.

"Bye, mommy." She called waving at me as I walked over to my car.

"Bye, mama baby. Mom doesn't give her no sweets she's punished."

"What she do this time?"

"I'll call you." I sighed and hopped into my car.