Prelude

"Nicki!" Nicki's best friend Maya yelled for her as she opened the door to her small ass apartment.

"What's up to Maya?" Nicki asked as she opened the door to her fridge.

"Girl I got the news that Meek is gonna be at Swav tonight! Girl we have to go!" Maya practically screamed as she walked up to Nicki closing the fridge.

"Eh, I really wasn't planning on going anywhere tonight. I wanted to stay in a-" Maya crossed her arms and jutted out her hip.

"I don't care were going," Maya said grabbing Nicki's hand as Nicki groaned all the way to her room.

Nicki sat on her bed and Maya smiled as she opened Nicki's closet.

"What are you thinking? You clearly got something planned in your big-headed ass already." Nicki commented as she crossed her arms.

"Well, a little birdy got us v.i.p tickets so we gotta be Poppin!" Maya exclaimed and Nicki sighed.

Maya looked back at her from the closet and frowned.

"Nicki, baby, what's wrong?" Maya asked as she sat next to Nicki taking her hands in hers.

"Q broke up with me today. He said I was a bitch cause I wasn't bussing it open fa him. Girl, I thought he was-"

"The one." Maya finished for her and rolled her eyes.

"Nicki you need to stop being so fucking soft. You literally think every fucking guy is the one." Maya said and stood in front of Nicki.

Nicki covered her face and started to cry.

"Babes come on please don't cry you know what I mean. I just need you to toughen up or men will walk all over you." Maya comforted Nicki with a hug.

Nicki is the type of girl to think every guy is the one. She's a hopeless romantic. She only messed with hood nikka's but she was too soft to handle the heat that followed them. Don't get it completely twisted though. Nicki had been through a lot. She'd been shot at, had plenty of fights, and almost stabbed a guy. She's just a hard-headed ass cry baby.

Eventually, Nicki wiped her face and Maya smiled at her clamping her hands on her shoulders.

"Your right Maya. I do need to toughen up." Nicki nodded and stood up.

"Let's get ready for this party babes!" She exclaimed and Maya clapped excitedly.

"Good. Now let's get you dialed up." She smiled and led Nicki to her vanity.

-+-

Nicki stood in the mirror getting a feel for her outfit. She was a very curvy girl, but she loved to leave room for imagination. Unlike the other girls she grew up with Nicki is reserved when it comes to fashion. She doesn't show off her curvy body close to not at all. She only shows if she has to. Like tonight.

 Like tonight