Chapter 4: D a t e p t .2

After she closed the door Tommie escorted me to his car. It was a Mercedes Benz Truck. Once he got in and I was looking around in half amazement.

"What?" He asked me in amusement.

"Nothing this is just my dream car." I said as I looked around.

He had a nice Bluetooth touchscreen radio, cup holders on the sides of the doors, a back up camera on the sides, back, and somehow above the car, TVs on the backs of the sheets as well as dvd hookup and auxiliary cords for all the TVs so you can watch music videos and everything. Don't even get me started on the tan colored interior. Ohhh I wanted this car but in white.

"Stick with me and maybe some day I could get you one of your own." He smiled and I rolled my eyes.

"Don't protest about how you can get it on your own. I already know, it would just be something to make you smile that's all." He smoldered me and I sighed.

"Whatever."

The atmosphere was tense and I turned up the music we rode in mostly silence to the movies. We went to see the movie Traffic which I wasn't complaining about I really enjoyed it. It was a good pick not something sappy like people normally do on dates. It kept my attention the whole time so that was a bonus for me. I smiled as we walked out of the movie theater hand in hand.

"The movie was really good, but I'm not going to lie I'm starving." I joked and held onto my stomach.

"Don't worry we're going to the restaurant now."

-:-

"I had a great time with you." I said as he opened the door for me.

"Does that mean I get a part two?" He asked and I talked my chin like I was thinking.

"I don't know." I hopped out of the car and he took my hand as he walked me to the door.

"Night Nic." He let my hand go and I smiled at him as I unlocked the door.

"Night Tommie."

-"-

"Good morning friend." Maya says to me as I walk in the shop.

"Good morning babe." I smile at her and she sits in the chair at her booth.

"Okay you been here long enough spill the beans."

"The date was pretty great but I'm not sure if I'm ready."

" If you weren't ready then why go on the date?"

"I don't know everyone wanted me to go and I wanted to see."

"Nicki you have to act on what you want. Not what they want for you. If you like him go for it."